Saturday, June 10, 2017

ScrapHappy Saturday - Sunny Summer


Still having lot of fun with yellow I hope.  My yellow will be on the road this week.  I am scheduling this post ahead of time.  By the time it goes live I will be off to Kansas City for the AP Biology Reading.  All the AP subjects have these giant meetings over the summer when teachers and professors get together to grade all the essays from the exam.  This will be my first year to participate.  6 days of reading essays for 8 hours!  Wish me luck.  I'll go ahead and schedule today's linky party and next weeks as well.  Don't be surprised if I am not in contact much, but I'll look forward to catching up when I am back again.
Until then, there are plenty of yellow circles ready to be hand stitched on the airplane and in my hotel room.  I'm guessing that after all that essay reading, my book won't get much of a workout.

11 comments:

Kate said...

Oh wow, that doesn't sound like a lot of fun. But as a parent of a child who has earned some college credit via those AP tests, you have my thanks for doing that thankless task. Hope you get a chance to work in some fun stuff along with all that reading.

Nell's Quilts said...

This reminded me of the week I spent marking provincial math tests. I was so ready to leave at the end of the day. What was great was that I was in the nation's capitol and had plenty of time to explore, shop, try some wonderful restaurants and take in some theatre performances. Hope you have plenty of time at the end of each day to do the same.

Angie said...

Teachers have always had my admiration - kudos to you for all you do! If you get some free time, be sure to enjoy some KC barbecue and maybe check out the World War I Museum. My DH is from KC, so I've been there a few times!

Kathy S. said...

Thankful for teachers that go the extra mile like you. It's fascinating to me to read essays of kids today. Have fun. Happy grading (and stitching circles.)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've always wondered who did that job! Wishing you a good week, with downtime that includes a bit of stitching!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

I had a hard time finding yellow scraps to use either because I have already used them or don't sew with much yellow fabric. Either way I am enjoying the Rainbow scrap play and thank you for hosting the linkup inspiration fun.

Quilter Kathy said...

OH my goodness that does NOT sound like fun!
That is intense!
Hope some slow stitching helps to make it through, although you'll probably need to rest your eyes a lot.

Edith said...

Good luck with your reading, honestly sounds like a sleeper to me. I work at a University and read research all the time, and although it's amazing that much reading still puts me to sleep. I have to start my day with my Macha green tea & a work out, and then have little wake up walks and fresh air.

canuckquilter said...

MY son's calculus teacher explained to them this year how the AP tests are graded. Sounds like a grueling week! Thanks for planning ahead for the link up!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Well - better you than me ( or I?) I hope it is fun for you! See you when you get back

Sara said...

Loving all of these sunny yellow projects folks are posting. Makes me want to go sew something yellow right now.

Good luck with all of those essays!