Thursday, July 19, 2018

Back to Quilting

I was happy to see that the ScrapHappy Saturday post went up as planned.  It is always a little scary to be away from all technology and know that there isn't any way to fix a problem if it pops up.  By Saturday, we were on our way back from Yellowstone to Salt Lake City getting ready to fly home again.  I'll post some vacation pictures soon, but for now I have quilting updates.  
It feels good to be back home again and to have time to spend in front of the sewing machine. It has taken the better part of the last three days to get Anna's dorm room quilt to the flimsy stage.   
 We ordered some extra wide backing fabric for the reverse.  I think there will be enough leftover for pillow shams. 
 The half hexie pattern was slow and required lots of starts and stops.  These are all the leader and ender squares I finished while making sure all the pieces lined up row by row.  I'm just about out of 2.5 inch squares.  The four patches will be joined into 16 patches and add to the collection of blocks for later. 
While emptying photos off of the good camera, I found 429 pictures of Sydney playing lacrosse.  Her summer season if over and she is chilling at home doing not much of anything for the next few weeks until school starts again.  

8 comments:

Sara said...

The blue hexie quilt is really stunning. I absolutely love how they are separated by white.

Sherrill said...

That's the way we visited Yellowstone last time I was there (been many times and could go over and over), flying into SLC and renting a car. The dorm quilt is beautiful and I know she will LOVE it!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Anna's dorm quilt is just amazing! It looks like all the work was worth it!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful blue hexies!

BJ said...

Anna's quilt is beautiful! It looks like blue honeycomb. She's sure to love it.

Libby in TN said...

Yellowstone is definitely remote from technology, I can attest. We had just gotten our cell phones in 2001 before our trip to Yellowstone. No service once we crossed into the park. However, I was appalled that someone would get a call in such a pristine environment, then I heard my husband say, "hello"!

Anna's quilt is spectacular!

Kate said...

That is such an awesome dorm room quilt. They need to be bright, as we've discovered, the basic dorm room needs a lot of color to be fun. At least the ones at SIT's college do. Hope you get in lots of stitching this weekend before you have to start gearing up for the start of the school year.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a cool quilt for the dorm!!!! and lacrosse! too cool!