Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sunday Puttering

The girls had a garage sale this weekend which led to some much needed tidying up and clearing out.  We let them keep any money they made, so the motivation level was high.  While moving things around, I found this blue Dear Jane block from last summer which just needs a little bit of hand work on the applique.  Most of the block was paper pieced, but the triangles at the bottom need a bit of slow stitching time. 
Ryan is having a birthday party today, and though I am mostly trying to stay out of the way, I pop out every now and again to make sure people have something to drink and to refresh the snacks.  In between that, I've been getting rid of junk mail by turning it into move hexies for my slow stitching project.  Anna punched them for me while I was working on her quilt for a bit, but she has moved on, leaving me to punch my own paper piecing templates.  It is actually quite fun to see what little bits of text show up while I am sewing the hexies diamonds together.  Sometimes it is a coupon for a discount on air conditioning and sometimes it is a new dentist offering free consultations.    It is nice to put all this wasted card stock to good use. 
The house is starting to look pretty spiffy with all of these summer projects.  I'm sure it will all be back to normal soon enough though.  Entropy has a way of getting the better of all of my good intentions.  Speaking of which, I think the laundry just buzzed.  I'll go move it along and then head over to visit Kathy for Slow Stitching Sunday.  

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Those are small hexies. Great you have a hole punch to help you. I cut my own hexies from waste paper, but I'm not sure I would do that again, it was a bit of a chore!

Deb A said...

Handy having that paper lunch for the hexagons.

Katie Z. said...

Wow! Good for you to accomplish so much.

Quilter Kathy said...

Glad you have some time for some hand stitching!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Slow stitching is great! Beautiful block, and hexies!

Pamela Arbour said...

Enjoy your summer with some hexie punching! You are really making progress.

Kate said...

Sounds like you are making good progress with your home improvement projects this summer. Hope the girls did really well with their garage sale.