Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Eye of the Storm


Fay woke me up about an hour ago so I came out to watch the weather channel. I always feel better during a hurricane if I can watch it on radar while it is happening. Usually the power is out by now in a bigger hurricane. The eye is just about overhead right now. The winds seem to have shifted direction already, although it's hard to tell in the dark. They are talking now about her not even going all the way out over water but just skimming along the coast to the north before heading back in again. I just hope she goes far enough to the north that the rain will let up for a while. The south side of a hurricane isn't usually the worst side, but there still seems to be a lot of rain down there. Maybe she will start moving a little faster so that we can have school tomorrow. I'm not sure how many hurricane days are in the schedule, but I'm sure it's not more than three, and it's still pretty early in the season.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

It's so fascinating reading your commentary on the hurricane. I don't think my running commentary on a bit of drizzle followed by a spurt of sunshine, then clouds and a short downpour, with a slight breeze and temperatures of about 20 degrees would be half so exciting.

Candace said...

We in central Florida haven't gotten much of anything yet. Just a little wind and light showers for our area. Fay seems to not be able to make up her mind. We need some rain still, and are hoping to get some, just don't want the high winds and tornadoes.