Sunday, August 24, 2008

Crumby Sunday

I kept going with the crumb blocks today because I was having so much fun. I just kept sewing scraps on randomly from the brights bin until I got to about 7 inches and then squared everything up at the end. Whatever I chopped off went back into the bin to be recycled. No plan, no measuring, just mindless chain sewing. The bin is pretty empty now, so I'll move onto the muted colors bin next. 36 blocks done, all from scraps most people would have thrown away (insert maniacal laugh here).
I was thinking of doing a diagonal set and offsetting the rows to get a zig zag effect. I tried it once before but did bad math and ended up lobbing off all the points. Maybe Amy can help me with the math. How big do I need to cut the setting triangles to go with 7 inch blocks? I'm testing the "red is a neutral" hypothesis. I didn't have much for reds, so I also pulled out a pink, an orange and a yellow as well. I'm having trouble deciding, what you y'all think?

4 comments:

Donna said...

love the red.... what about black or B&W?

Amy said...

OMGoodness-----in all the preparation for my giveaway, and then jumping right to your Favorite Quilt post, I COMPLETLEY missed these two posts about the crumbs blocks AND the Tile Surprise Game :0)

Still need help with the math----I would need to sit with some time on my hands----perhaps tomorrow night----I REALLLLLLLLLY need to get to bed now!!!! (11:46pm----inservice tomorrow!) You know how this goes, though-----just one more sec to peek at the main daily reads---YOURS naturally being one of them ----and the next thing I know, it's 30 minutes later and you STILL haven't logged off!
*grin*
(perhaps I SHOULDN"T have drank......drunk?....yes, drunck that Diet Dew!!!!)

(loving my coworking-neighbor----English teacher) a-hem....and I quote....
You drank the beverage, but you HAVE DRUNK it too. :0)
OMGoodness----DEFINITELY OVERTIRED! Night!

Amy said...

OH DEAR.......drunck=drunk!

*giggle*....maybe *I'm* drunk?!?!?! :0)

Holy buckets----G'Night for real this time!

*'nother giggle*
My goodness-----could you IMAGINE the spelling test for THIS "word verification"?!?!?!
ptdnyhxs
"Please tell dad no yarn has xylophone sound"
(giggle!)

Amy said...

Or THIS one?????
zvjmtsln

NOT even gonna try THAT one!
ZV?!?!?!? ummmm "zoos very...?" my goodness---don't know where to even START with that one!!!!

Vanna----can I buy a vowel please?
*laffffffffffin*