Friday, December 24, 2021

Day 5

 



Day 5 of my Covid quarantine and all is calm.  There is a lovely sunrise to see from the balcony.  

Plenty of hexies to add to my growing rows.  

The dog and I even ventured outside for long enough yesterday to spot an osprey with his lunch.  I was sure that I would test negative this morning in time to enjoy Christmas festivities with the family.   No such luck though I and I am secluded again in the main bedroom with hand sewing and movie marathons to pass the time.  

I feel a bit better today than yesterday, so maybe that is sign that the end is near.  Everyone else in the house keeps testing negative, so that is good news!  There is always a bright side.  

11 comments:

Sara said...

Hope you feel much better and test negative tomorrow!! My grandchildren are all getting tested this morning before they come tomorrow. 3 of the 5 have colds - at least that is all we hope it is.

Have a Merry Christmas - even if it has to be separated for another day.

Nann said...

Hope your recovery is quick! Your rainbow hexies are beautiful. I love sunrise photos -- a wonderful encouragement for each day.

Ivani said...

Oh No Angela! So sorry to hear that you caught Covid. The good news is that you are felling better each new day. Sending prayers your way.
Merry Christmas!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I hope you will be better soon, and negative. Pretty hexies!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about your Covid quarantine, Angela. But also so glad you're already feeling better. Glad you have some hexies to stitch on and can get outside a bit, too. Wishing you a very merry negative test very, very soon!

Debbie said...

I had covid in October and was told by a nurse that I could test positive after recovery for up to three months. I too, thought I had a to have a negative test to be cleared for ending my quarantine but in my state the rule is 10 days after the first symptom and 24 hours with no fever. Not a great way to spend your Christmas holiday break. Hope you continue to have a mild case.

Chantal said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery. That's no fun to be secluded when everybody else is at the party. Take care. ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so sorry to hear you got it - what a way to spend your Christmas break - hope no one else gets it and that you will well soon

grammajudyb said...

Oh nice! I’m sorry to hear that you are ill! Hope you are better soon! And that your family remains Negative! Rest and take care!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wait! WHAT?!?! So sorry that you are among those who got Covid for Christmas, Angela!!! :o((

Feel better soon.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I am glad you are feeling better! Hope you test negative soon!!