Saturday, December 18, 2021

ScrapHappy Saturday - Anticipation

 I've got two of the three kids home for the holidays and the third should arrive tomorrow.  Just two exams days are left between me and winter break.   My task for the day is to put away the remainder of my sewing things from the kids/guest bedrooms and finish off the holiday gift shopping.   No sewing for me quite yet, though I do have some hexies and binding to occupy me if I get the urge.  I hope that all of your end of the year sewing is progressing nicely.  Hopefully everyone was able to squeeze a finish or two out of their rainbow scrap challenge block collections!  Next Saturday is Christmas, and the one after that will be the first Saturday of RSC22.   I will be continuing to host ScrapSaturday linky parties next year, though I do not have a block of the month planned.  I might do a shorter quilt along over summer break if things are calm, but for now, I don't have a long term quilt in the works other than monthly rainbow blocks.  So far I think I will do HST stars with 2.5 inch strips, Blackford Beauty blocks with 2 inch strips and courthouse steps with 1.5 inch strips.  I've still got mini log cabins for the strings and crumbs might take a rest for now.    That is my tentative plan so far.  How are your plans coming along for the new year?  Still time to firm them all up.


11 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thank you for posting early today, Angela. I checked just in case and now I can head off to work without feeling like I'm missing out on all of the day's RSC fun. :o))

Ivani said...

It is always nice to have the kids at home.
Enjoy this precious time, Angela.
I still don't have a plan for RSC 2022.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bet you are glad to see your kids - are all three in college?

Sara said...

Enjoy having those kids home and all together for Christmas!

I have a whole list of blocks I want to make for RSC22. The real fun is playing with the chosen color, and seeing what everyone else is doing each month.

Cathy said...

It sounds like you’re going to have a wonderful Christmas time with family. Enjoy it! So glad you’ll he hosting RSC for another year. I have most of my RSC block plans set for the new year and can’t wait to get started! It would be fun to do another column quilt for RSC - might be a quick idea for summer. I still remember the last one fondly!!

Jeanne said...

Have a joyful holiday season Angela! I'm getting my ideas sorted out for RSC2022 :)

Kathy S. said...

Enjoy your family time. I'm looking forward to more fun and inspiration with the RSC22.

Mari said...

Wonderful to have everyone together for the holidays, even of you have to put your sewing things away. It's worth it! Happiest of holidays to you all, and thanks for all the work for RSC21. On to RSC22!

Maria said...

Thanks Angela for hosting RSC 2021… I hope you have a great Christmas 🎄 and I look forward to joining in again and maybe do better with my finishes…..

MissPat said...

Enjoy having everyone home while you can. Before you know it they will be off to new adventures and careers. You'll have plenty of time to sew eventually.
Pat

maggie fellow said...

great choices for the new year - I look forward to watching