Saturday, December 4, 2021

ScraapHappy Saturday - Last Month of 2021



I can't say that I will be sad to see 2021 depart.  The end of the year means that I need to finish up the last of the RSC21 projects.  Instead I have been testing out blocks for RSC22.   So far there is the Blackford's Beauty block for the 2 inch strips and the Inverse HST stars for the 2 inch strips.  I was thinking of Courthouse Steps for the 1.5 inch strips, but there is a log cabin quilt in the works that I should finish up first.   

 Misterlinky will be expiring this week so I think that I will switch linky services again.   Too many people seem to have issues each week with linking, so I will do the research again and choose a new service.   I also need to sew the rows together on the crumb beads.  I got these three done over Thanksgiving holiday, it won't take long to add the rest.   Sewing long straight rows together has never been my favorite part of the quilting process.  Too much like borders with long stretches that need pins.  I hardly ever use pins! 

We are also going to test drive cars today.  There might be a grand car rotation coming up.    Though I have never been a car person, two of our cars are getting ready to fall apart.   With Anna graduating from college, we are thinking of sending her off with my car and then getting something new form me.   Kurt has been having trouble with his car refusing to start after a week at the airport.  The dealer couldn't find any problem, so we might be replacing it as well.   Something about electric cars draws charge over time I think.   

Still, there should be sewing time.   I'm off to pin some long rows!

10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've enjoyed seeing the blocks you've tried for your new projects. I'm already thinking about that, too - we can't help ourselves! Have fun car shopping, and thanks so much for hosting this fun group!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have no RSC quilts to share today - I hope to have more progress next week and I'm waiting for a fabric order to finish up one large RSC quilt with sashing and border - if only the darn fabric would arrive!

Mari said...

I'm not sad that 2021 is leaving, either, and I'm also looking forward to new RSC projects. I'm thinking about twinkle stars. Car shopping is zero fun for me because they all end up looking the same. I hope you get something fun and comfortable, and get back to the sewing room quick!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on the great car swap, Angela!!

Kathy S. said...

I too will probably not miss much of 2021. Hopefully 2022 takes us in a better direction. I'm nervous with all the prices of everything going up and up and up. We shall see.

I didn't realize that Mr. Linky expired. Thank you so much for being our hostess each week. I know it has a lot of behind-the-scenes work to it. I really do enjoy meeting each week to work on my colors each month with the group. There are so many creative people that have fun things to share here.

kingdom quilter said...

So happy that you are thinking about a 2022 quilt! I love your rainbow quilts and look forward to sewing along in 2022!

Susanne said...

Thank you for your posts throughout this year. ❤️ You have certainly encouraged many people to use up their scraps and try some new blocks! Looking forward to what 2022 brings…hopefully happier times and lots of sewing for all!!!

Emma Ava said...

I want to appreciate the great work of Dr USELU, i have been diagnosed of HIV virus for 3 years, i have lose all hope that there is a cure and i have been taking medicine to sustain myself not until i got to know about Dr USELU, i contacted him and he sent me his herbal medicine which i took as prescribed by him for some days and i went to the hospital after finishing the herbal medicine. To my greatest surprise i was confirmed HIV Negative after years of being positive, it is indeed a miracle.You can contact him for help. he can also cure the following (1) BRAIN TUMOR (2) LUPUS (3) CANCER (4) HSV-1 (5) HPV (6) HERPES (7) PAD (8) DIABETES etc.. his whatsapp number: (+2347052898482)   email: dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com  his website: https://druseluherbalhome.simdif.com/

Helenchaffin said...

LoL I'm doing the same thing, need to get my blicks in order & quilt made yet my mind is racing in different directions for the 2022 rainbow challenge 🤣

Sandra said...

Thank you Angela for what you do. Your linky party is one of the highlights of my week!