Sunday, February 20, 2022

Marathon of Quilts

Rainbow Crumbs is fresh off of the frame.  I used a square spiral in grey thread.  I was afraid that it would have too much contrast against the white, but it seems to blend in just fine.   

That brings the finished count to 8 so far.   This is the third and last weekend that I plan to leave the frame set up.  Two weeks ago was a three day weekend and this is a four day weekend.   Tomorrow it will be time to get back the family room.   First though, some celebration for flimsies quilted.  From top to bottom of the stack: Rainbow Crumbs, New York Beauty, Hollow Nine Patches, Temecula Sampler, Chopsticks, Connecting Threads Star Sampler, Squared Away, and Streak of Lightning.   I shall be sewing binding until the end of time, but that is something to think about on Tuesday when the quilting has paused.  
The closet isn't even half empty though.  Still in waiting from left to right: Yellow and Green Chevrons, Sister's Choice, #FullStop, Baby Nines and Churn Dashes, Garden Trellis, Dear Jane, Strings, Sprouts, and Postage Stamps.   I can comfortably cross two more off the list today and tomorrow.  Piecing the backings and getting the quilt loaded on the frame are the hard part.  I've taken care of the easy finishes, everything else will need a bit more effort.  

17 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

what a great use of your crumb blocks!

Sara said...

Great progress! I have binding to do too and also have plenty of flimsies hanging up in the closet waiting to be quilted.

Maggie said...

Wow! You can quilt and the binding will be quick. Dear Jane? green Fairy quilts. Blogspot quilted one years ago, it was so interesting and inspired me to want to make one. Made thirteen blocks and then we moved house. Wish my quilts get quilted so much quicker, alas I am hand quilting a few so it will take some time…

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilts you have shown this week quilted all look so good - you have made progress I'm sure

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wow! You got lots done in your quilting marathon! Happy binding to you!

Deb A said...

Wow! You make great use of your time and having the frame up on those long weekends. I hope you have many hours or relaxing binding stitching.

Susie H said...

What a nice collection of quilts quilted and quilts to be quilted. It may not be half empty but progress IS progress. Good job!

Julierose said...

Great idea to do easy finishes first instead of getting waylaid rescuing UFO's that have more to be done on them!! I love rainbow crumbs--what a great setting on this one...lovely work hugs, Julierose

Sherrill said...

That's quite the accomplishment in such a short time. At least those aren't still IN the closet so it's definitely a win, win.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous quilting marathon, Angela!!!

ButterZ said...

It’s great to get some out of the cupboard, quilt and finish.

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, my! I guess I had NO idea of how many tops you had awaiting their time at the frame!


BTW, this one looks great!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Heck fire - you were on an amazing roll!!!

Helenchaffin said...

And here I am thinking my 4 is way too many unfinishes😂great job on all your finishes, one thing for sure your hands will never be idol 🤣

maggie fellow said...

congrats - you are making great progress and great quilts that are finished

Quilts & Comforter Mum said...

You've reach the count to 8, well done, but how many more to go to reach your goal ? ahah, just kidding.
I really like your last Quilt.

Ginny A said...

I LOVE your crumb block quilt. Is there an actual pattern? I would like to attempt this quilt for myself this year.