Saturday, February 24, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday Red Roundup

This is the last red Saturday! I need to get moving. All my bits and pieces are cut and ready to sew for stars and plusses. I just need some quality quiet time with my machine. How are your reds rounding out this month?
I got some non red sewing done as well.  I thought his collection of green orphans would make a nice quilt back.   I lost steam on those about halfway and wanted to get things up off of the floor.  
Instead, I found some since big chunks of blue to make a back for this crumb quilt and got it ready to load on the frame.  That process led me to realize that I am just very low on yardage for backings and borders.  A quick trip to Connecting Threads fixed that so I should be able to finish some more quilts now.  
Monday was a holiday for the kids, but we had a teacher workday to learn a new learning management system that they want everyone to use next year.  I had a couple of award applications going on which required a lot of writing and editing.  It is always nice when we get nominated for things, but each one seems to come with a lot of essays.  I do feel even more sympathy for my poor seniors with all of their applications and scholarship essays.  Friday was acceptance day for the University of Florida, so there is a lot activity going on with them.  Monday will be huge for making decisions.  Kurt has been up in Virginia all week. He finished most of the deck!  It just needs to be stained and that is more of a project for me.  Not sure when I will be able to get up again though as we have a spring break trip to Jamaica planned.  
 

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love all those pretty reds on your design wall, especially the stars! Have a great weekend - hope you get lots of sewing time!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh that crumb quilt - that will be fun to quilt!!!
And new fabric - sounds like fun!! Hope Kurt is back soon!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your Virginia place is looking good - do you plan to retire there? Looking forward to the new color for March

Cathy said...

Love that crumb quilt top - and the fact that you honestly *needed* to fabric shop for backing fabric. Kurt did a lovely job on the deck. Aaaand… Jamaica! If there was ever a couple who worked so hard and deserved a tropical paradise vacation, it’s you two! I hope it’s amazing for you (and you will snap a pic for us, right?)

Sharon said...

Great projects! I really love your red stars. Have a nice weekend.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on you quilt projects, Angela, and kudos to Kurt on finishing up the deck!!

Chantal said...

Great idea to use unused blocks for the backing. I should try that. Love the new deck, especially how he did the stairs. Great job, Kurt. ;^)

Kate said...

Looks like both you and your guy got lots done in February. Those red and green blocks are really fun. Happy stitching this week.

Jennifer said...

i'm anxious for the new color for March! can't wait... so sorry to ask, but is there any chance you still have the code for the RSC23 button? i never got it on my blog, and i'm trying to catch up. (this is my 11th year!)
thanks!