Saturday, February 3, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday Number 4 - First Red Week

It is so much fun to start a new color. Clearing off the design wall and digging into a brand new scrap bin is a fresh start each month.  I am happy with the amount of green that got put to use last month.  I am not sure that I will continue with the crumb blocks each month, but I had a bunch of green crumbs and it is good to get the squared up into blocks that can be used for whatever.   
I have been working ahead on the Hen and Chick blocks, but I don't have all the tutorials ready quite yet.  It looks like I still owe a Chubby plus block pattern for this month.   I love the way that one turned out and am so tempted to start a new block collection of just crosses.  It doesn't look like there are quite as many red scraps waiting to be used, but I am always amazed at how far my scraps can spread.   I hope that you are ready for some red as well.  

 



6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I haven't started any Hens and Chicks blocks yet, but they're so tempting! Fun to see them up on your design wall together. Have a great weekend, Angela!

Chantal said...

I love your green design wall. It's calling the Wood Fairy in me, lol.
The antique tile block is very beautiful in red. I've seen this block before and have never been very attracted to it. After seeing this one, I'm tempted to make an entire quilt like it. Of course, it would be a rainbow one. Have a great weekend. ;^)

Katie Z. said...

I love sorting the scraps again each month. It’s inspiring to see all the fresh fabric!

Quilter Kathy said...

I have been neglecting my scraps and my RSC projects (insert sad face) but hope to get reorganized in February.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Red is such a great color for these gray winter days here in the Midwest. Thanks as always for the RSC!

Marsha Cooper said...

crumb blocks! I need to do crumb blocks in the color of the month. That will make a great quilt at the end of the year. My sewing machine time is limited to what I can do on the weekends when I am back to my house.