Saturday, September 7, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - The Dark Side

So sorry for zooming past the start of the month without an official color announcement. It is going to be dark. If you have enough darks to separate out the browns from the blacks, then it is black this month and brown next month. If not, then it is dark this month and light next month. Next month will also be the time to catch up on whatever you missed during the year. I am focusing this month on dark scraps. For the Hen & Chick blocks I chose black with multi color designs and then pulled in some accent colors to keep it interesting. I will be working this month to finish the borders on my hexies as well, those are lights and darks. The end of the year is when I start to think about what I need to finish off projects.
Next on the list will be stabilizing these NC State panels for a t-shirt quilt.  I had planned on starting last weekend, but we ended up in Virginia unexpectedly for the long weekend. Nothing like a last minute trip to throw absolutely everything off. It was such beautiful fall weather! I will pretend that it is fall in Florida as I stitch away as my dark fall shades. In reality, it is still hot and soupy here. With the holiday weekend and training sessions for work, I was only in the office for 2 days last week.  I am still trying to catch back up and get on track again!

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you're finishing off your hexie quilt with a dark border - perfect! Enjoy your weekend, Angela!

Kate said...

Your hexie quilt is coming along. Hope you can find some time to stitch now that school is really back in session.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Every time I see your hexie quilt I am more amazed. The dark and light finish it off perfectly. Good luck with the T shirt quilt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Fall in Virginia sounds lovely - and pretending in Florida - good plan haha!! Off to the Dark side ;-)

Sharon said...

This will be fun! My black scrap bin runneth over. . .

Helenchaffin said...

I thought I was caught up till I realized somewhere down the road I'd forgotten the teals😄 it will be a miracle if there's enough orange to squeeze out one more block,my blacks & browns may have to share blocks 🤣