Saturday, September 19, 2026

Scraphappy Saturday - Progress

 I thought it was time to pull out a couple of my block collections to take stock and do a quick evaluation.

First is the dot blocks. I think there is one purple already, but I will add some and think about the color placement. Maybe a color wash kind of arrangement with a bullseye or starburst slightly off center?  I also need to think about what size it should be.  I feel like I am a bit short on green blocks and there is only one purple that has made it through the pipeline. 

Then there are the propeller blocks. These are meant to be set on point. I will ponder the next steps for this as well. About half of the orange blocks were rotating in the opposite direction from the rest. That can be a problem when working on quilts over a long period of time. I will do some reverse sewing and get those fixed before adding some new purple blocks. 

The main progress this week was in quilting. I got the sprouts blocks off the frame on Sunday and then added the binding before quilting circle on Monday. Then I was going strong and took a deep breath to jump into the quilting on the Itty Bitty Log Cabin blocks. I knew that I wanted an all over pattern for these which would not work well on the long arm. Instead, I used a walking foot and just made diamonds from corner to corner around each concentric circle. I will have a lovely binding marathon today and finish both of these up. That is always a nice excuse for catching up on movies or streaming series. I watched 9-5 while I was starting the log cabin quilt, so maybe I will do Steel Magnolias for another Dolly Parton film. I will do the full finished quilt reveal for each of these soon. 

What are your weekend sewing plans? I need to do a bit of a tidy up in my space before I figure out what is next. I hope that you have some lovely purple to play with. 


6 comments:

Sara said...

I've been taking stock of various RSC blocks sets too. It's that time of year that gets exciting because some sets are reaching that stage where I have enough for a quilt. Yay!!!

Sharon said...

Isn't it fun to see all of those beautiful colors together for your quilts! I look forward to seeing your finishes.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I love your Sprout quilt and how you are quilting it. I had a knee revision on Monday so I'm not sewing for a bit. . .I am doing a bit of rug weaving during the times I as working on sitting.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I still need to pull out my purple scraps this month! I really like the propeller blocks on your design wall.

Edith said...

Wow, so many blocks in all the colours, I'm impressed.

Kate said...

Congrats on the almost finishes. You've got some fun blocks to play with. Looks like you are close to more finishes.