Sunday, November 27, 2011

Orca Bay Step One is Done

 I was determined not to start on step two until step one of Orca Bay was completely finished.  Otherwise it gets confusing to remember that you have half of step one done and all of step two but only three quarters of step three.... 
The kids settled in to watch Punkin Chunkin last night, giving me the perfect opportunity to sneak off and get a little power sewing in.  So here are 228 quarter square triangle units.  I made a couple of extras just because sometimes it makes it easier to avoid duplicates when the blocks come together. 
I just got back from a quick morning jog and as soon as I quit sweating, I'll head off to shower so I can start my day.  I think we have robotics practice this afternoon and may work on getting the Christmas tree set up.  Kurt is gone all week and I'm not sure if we want to wait that long to get started.  It is a big tree and takes a while to decorate.  Other than that I think I see string blocks in my future.  Lots of cute little string blocks:)

10 comments:

Deb A said...

Could you jog a bit for me too please? Great job on getting step 1 completed.

Lee D said...

Way to go, I haven't even started any steps yet!

Judy D in WA said...

They look very cute all laid out like that. I took paper off string blocks while watching Punkin Chunkin last night. :) We settled in to watch a movie and got sidetracked.
Have fun with the tree.

LuAnn said...

I haven't started yet but should probably follow your lead and do all of step 1 before moving on even though I really enjoy making string blocks. Have fun putting the tree up.

Ellen said...

Love the purple - it's quite striking.

Anne said...

Well done on sticking to one step at a time, lol. Love the colours and looking forward to seeing it when it's finished. I definitely should get out and do some jogging ... maybe I'll pump up my fitball again :0)

Cathy Tomm said...

Your orca bay blocks look great. I love the little stacks. Purple is a great replacement to the black.
I love your Rainbow quilt with the garden trellis sashing. I love it so much I have done a block from brown scraps with the plan to make a whole quilt. I hope you take this as a complement, as I just love what you have done so much I want to make one too. I will let you know when I post more. Working on Orce Bay step 2 today. Thanks

Andee said...

Note to self..make notes about how much I have done on each step, LOL. These blocks look GREAT. Now I am wishing I had used purple!

Candace said...

I think your little blocks are adorable, and you are using two of my same colors purple and turquoisey blues. I don't think your whites are as wild as my black. What are you using instead of my orange. I hope step 3 uses the main color (mine is the blues) it will kind of fun to see the blocks together.

Lynne said...

Ooo! they look great!