Saturday, December 22, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Rounding Out the Year

 I got new fabric in the mail yesterday.  There were some Kaffe Fasset prints on sale at Hancocks of Paducah.  I've always wanted to try out some of his fabric.  I also grabbed a few backgrounds and a couple of brights for Jane.  Its all gone through the wash now and is waiting for its turn at the ironing board.
First though, everything is torn apart in a huge frenzy of organization.  It is all at the stage now when it looks far worse than when I started.  Here are the scraps large enough to be cut to size with the GO cutter.  They are sorted by themes and sitting on the die I will use to cut them.  The solids are for a Drunkards path, brights for HST blocks, blues for tumblers and fall colors for diamonds and 1930s for DWR.  Firs though most of yesterday was spent with all the scraps too small for these piles.  They are being cut down to strips and squares, again depending on themes.  There are lots of brights for Omigosh and postage stamps along with 2.5 inch strips of Christmas fabrics, though I haven't chosen a pattern.  Obviously not all of these will be made anytime soon, but at least the scraps will be sorted and cut when I am in need of a new project again.
So today's number one goal is to get everything sorted well enough to be put away again.  What are you up to on this Rainbow Scraphappy Saturday?  Finishing up for this year or getting ready for the new one to come?  Use the linky below to share your progress, ponderings or plans.

8 comments:

Lynne said...

Don't you just love how a small mess becomes a big one when one tries to sort and tidy? Have fun - you certainly will be organised!

Bonnie said...

Good morning busy girl

Kate said...

You are much more organized than I am. One of my goals for next year is to get better organized in the sewing room.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Today is a day for running around and starting the Christmas shopping and finishing it too. Also doing the grocery shopping for Tuesdays dinner. Tomorrow, is a stay at home in jammies kinda day, in my sewing room all day long. I already warned hubby don't ask me to go anywhere on Sunday, because I am not leaving the house.

Sheila said...

That's one of my first project of the new year.
I finishing up Christmas gifts this morning. Then I'm back to quilting one of my rainbow quilts :D

Cyn said...

You are so organized... I'm coming to your house for lessons! lol
In the spirit of "scrappy" I dug into my Christmas bin and yanked enough bits to make a set of coasters to create a Secret Santa gift - I'm proud I didn't cut into the new stuff. *g*

Podunk Pretties said...

Followed a shoutout link from Cynquiltedtravels to your blog. Isn't odd how organizing is so messy!

Quilting By Celia said...

Love seeing what everyone is doing at this time of the year...