Saturday, December 8, 2012

ScrapHappy Saturday -- Wrapping it Up



It has been the busiest week ever.  All full of great stuff, but OH SO busy.  Monday was the district championship match for Academic Team.  We won!  We will be sending one of our players with the all  county team to the state competition in April.  And I get to be one of the coaches.  At Disney.
I've been helping another teacher with a science project and we won.  Our project is going up into space.  So exciting!  The whole school is in the middle of grading papers right now for senior projects, which means no planning time.  Planning time would be good with all the paperwork needed to send people to state competitions and jello into outer space.   What else?  Husband out of town, piano lessons and gymnastics, fourth grade play.  All the usual stuff that fills the hours in the day.  The semester is ending and exams are on the way.  Deep breath -- so happy to have a weekend! 
I do hope to find time to sew this weekend.  I've left work on my desk at school where it will rest until Monday.  I'd like to do a little end of the year organization and tie up the loose ends for this years Rainbow Scrap Challenge Projects.  How about you?  Still finishing up for last year or starting to think about next year?  I would love to have a BIG "what I am thinking about for next year" post next Saturday.  Does everyone have some thoughts swimming around? Until then, use the linky below to share your progress.  Finished projects, catch up blocks, loose ends, come one and all to join the fun.  

8 comments:

Sheila said...

I am very happy with the scrappy rainbow items I made this year. Four quilts, 11 pot holders and a dozen house blocks to carry over to 2013.
Next year I want to finish the house quilt I started this year. I need 40+ houses. I also want to make hot Pads, coin purses, small notebook covers, string, crumb and 16 patch blocks each month. I'm looking forward to 2013.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I have got a lot of things swimming in my head for next year, I am working on writing them all down to keep me organized.

Quilter Kathy said...

Truly I don't know how you keep up with everything - work, home, kids, quilting...hope you have some time for some slow stitching tomorrow :)

Luann said...

Next year, 3 years after my original plans (we've had two deaths in the family, one being just after the New year in 2010, when I'd planned this) went out the window, I'm finally going to spend the year working on nothing but UFOs. Have them all written in my quilt/knit journal and will start day after Christmas this year. I've got a two year plan and will hopefully stick to it. I've allowed myself a new project every 3 months. I can't move in my quilt studio for all the UFOs!!!! I'm looking forward to this major undertaking!

Angie said...

I have been mulling over ideas for next year's RSC. Lots of inspiration floating around, just have to make a decision and stick with it!

Andee said...

Congrats on the science project going to space! COOL! I need to make more blocks before I can finish my Jack in the Box...or it will be small, haven't been working on it, but will get back to it!

Lynne said...

Congratulations on both wins! Well done to you and everyone involved! What an amazing week you've had!

Do you read "Knitting Linguist"? Of course you don't - you don't knit (as far as I know). Her Older Daughter also has a project going into space!

sew.darn.quilt said...

I'd like to join your Rainbow Scraphappy group for 2013. These finishes of 2012 are outstanding and I've got scraps that need to be sewn!
I'm off to find inspiration, I'll link up later, if that's all right?!