Saturday, March 16, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday - Obviously Orange

Another week and not a stitch was sewn.  I have a few more giant orange nine patches that came out as leaders and enders last weekend.  I was working on another Dear Jane on Sunday Evening and it is still sitting under the presser foot on the machine waiting patiently for the weekend to roll around again.   Just one more week for us before spring break at school and the natives are getting restless!  After spring break standardized testing season starts in full swing and it will be a race until the end.  Speaking of races, I am determined to finish off the last of my orange Dear Jane's today.  I think I can do it.  Just a few triangles remain.
How about you? Starting to see the bottom of the orange bin?   Use the linky below to share your orange creations.

13 comments:

Julierose said...

Reaching the bottom of my orange baggie...still having fun with it though...happy sewing Julierose

make.share.give said...

Not even close to the end of my orange. It's my son's favorite color, so it's always a draw at the fabric store.
We have two full weeks 'til spring break. To say the natives are restless is putting it mildly. We were able to have outdoor recess yesterday which helped keep wiggly-worms at bay, but they're SO talkative :)

Sarah said...

Keep on plugging away at those dear jane blocks!!! Nice to have holidays fast approaching though!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I miss having spring break... our school district doesn't have one but it is nice to have them out by Memorial Day instead.

Ellen said...

Hope you are able to get some sewing time today. Nine patches are such simple blocks to make but boy can they be brilliant in a quilt!

Kate said...

Spring break starts for us this week. DT was definitely ready for it. She had midterms last week.

Some weeks not much gets done. Hope you have better luck this weekend.

Angie said...

One more week of orange - what a wonderful month of sunshine we've had!

Cathy Tomm said...

I do not have too much orange left. I have a little more for next week.

Edith said...

Surprisingly I am not reaching the bottom of my orange scraps, maybe a few scrappytripalongs next week will help. I hope you are able to get some piecing in this weekend.

Andee said...

Must be the time of the year...I feel like I haven't been getting much done either...I have grading and planning to do tomorrow (Spring Break went FAST) and I need to finish getting my taxes organized! I hope I have a little time to sew too!

Elly D said...

Ahhh! Finally managed a little stitching yesterday and completed my orange Boxed In block. I haven't touched my Dear Jane in a few weeks, maybe, just maybe, I'll get to making one this evening. Look forward to seeing your orange ones, I don't have orange in mine though I could find a red that's close to orange ;) I'm always amazed when I find so much variation in the colours we work with. Orange is no exception. You have some cute little 9 patches done!! Have a good week!

Katie Z. said...

I didn't manage any stitching Saturday, as our spring brew, began. My orange scraps are all gone, except for a few 1" bits, so I'm looking forward to next month and a new color!

Rebeckah Austin said...

I linked!