Monday, December 23, 2013

Design Wall Monday

I was making a list of finished quilts for the year.  Try as I might, I still only came up with five full finished quilts for the year.  Just 5?  Could that be right.  What have I been doing with my time?  Then I remembered.  These little guys have taken up a bit of my sewing time in the last year.  Yup, worth every minute.
It has been almost a year since I officially began working on Dear Jane.  Just 11 more center blocks left to go!  I'm still playing with the triangles.  They might take a bit more time.  There is a pink block on the top row that is bugging me, I might remake that one.  In general though, I'm pretty happy with the way things are coming together so far.  
It was so odd waking up on a Monday and not going to work.  I could get used to this.  

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow! that is some eye candy. I'll cheer you on but no way am I going to try to do that! You have made me think about what I've finished this year. I'll spend some time after Christmas to figure it out. I'm guessing I've finished more than 5 because I make a lot of charity quilts that are small. Happy holidays.

Cheryl in Friendsville said...

That is the most gorgeous quilt!!! I love your bright colors and itty-bitty pieces!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

It looks like sheer happiness to me!

Teresa in Music City said...

OMG - that picture caught my eye immediately - wow!!! I'd say those blocks are definitely worth the time you've put in them :*)

Andee said...

Well that one counts as about 25! I know you have been steady blogging so I know you have been sewing! This one is so awesome! I don't think I would have the patience for it, but one block at a time...you never know!

Ramona said...

Your quilt is going to be absolutely beautiful! The colors just pop and each block draws your eye to it. I can't imagine what it must look like in person. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Kate said...

Your bright Dear Jane is gorgeous. You have made a lot of progress in just one year.