Saturday, December 28, 2013

Green Crossroads

I think this will be my last finished quilt for 2013.  I took the last stitches in the binding just in time to gift it to Phyllis who has been helping us to keep our house clean for quite a while.  She has always taken an interest in my quilting projects, and while she was in one day last year she said jokingly, when am I going to get me quilt?  Her favorite color is green, and I chose the Crossroads pattern which I have been seeing so many of around blogland.  I found a wonderful tutorial for the block in three sizes at Connie's blog, freemotion by the River.
 It came together very quickly and used up almost all the green I had on hand.  I seem to make a lot of quilts with green, maybe I'd better replenish my supply?  I really liked this pattern and would love to try it in a smaller size.  I think it would be even prettier if each link was either a consistent or a different color so that the pattern were easier to see.
 The quilting was a maze pattern which works just like  meander, but with straight lines.  I will definitely be using this pattern again.
Dinner was ham and beans.  Delish!  There was a ham bone from our Thanksgiving ham that had been saved in the freezer for just such an occasion.  I used a crockpot recipe that I found here.  

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Connie's 'Crossroad' is a great pattern for scraps and your green version is terrific. Love the quilting to accent.

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish. It looks like a fun pattern to make. Hope it's new owner loved it.

Ellen said...

Great finish! It is lovely to see you trying out new quilting designs - definitely inspiring me to get going.

Sheila said...

Love your crossroads quilt. I played with this block pattern this year, making a block each month. My plans are to continue making them in 2014.

Pattilou said...

What a fun green quilt. Love it!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your Crossroads quilt is beautiful! I fell off the Rainbow Scrap wagon this year.....sorry...I think I got 8 months done and lots of Crossroads blocks too. I'll do better in 2014!

Linda said...

I love your Crossroads quilt. I'm still working on mine. I'm like Connie, I fell off the wagon too but getting back on it for 2014. I like your maze quilting on this one too. Great finish for the year!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This turned out great... love this block to begin with and I've been thinking what colors to use for one to keep.