Saturday, December 7, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday Roundup Month

This is the time of year to start thinking about finishing things up.  Did you miss a month along the way?  Do you have a quilt in need of just a block or two more?  To celebrate the end of the year I got out one of my favorite rainbow scrap quilts from last year.  This came from a collection of crumb squares.  I was hesitant to include the black and brown blocks at first, but I think they add a lot to the quilt.
We are off at a Lego Robotics Tournament today.  I'm a bit buried in school work as well, but I am still hoping to find a bit of time to sew -- just not sure when.  Hopefully things will start to wind down soon for the winter break.  Just one more week of regular class work and then semester exam prep will begin.
What are you up to on this glorious scrappy Saturday?  Use misterlinky below to share your progress on 2013.  Or if you prefer, you can even start to ponder your plans for 2014.  Next week I'll tell you about our sponsor for the new year and the great giveaways that I have planned.  It looks like next year is already shaping up to be fabulous.


9 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

I'm so glad you're continuing the program in 2014. I have some great ideas saved up, I just have to choose one, or two.

Ellen said...

Enjoy your day...hopefully you will find a bit of time to do some sewing too!

Sarah said...

Your RSC quilt from last year is stunning! Makes me want to get mine finished now!!

Julie in GA said...

Your rainbow of crumb blocks is beautiful! I agree that the brown and black make it even better.

Candace said...

I love your RSC crumb quilt, it's awesome. Your plans for next year sound exciting.

Andee said...

Oops I accidentally added two...meant so take off the one with and Kathy since I didn't post about hers in that blog, not sure I can figure how to get rid of it!

Karen said...

I look forward to participating next year. Your quilt is bright and cheerful. Thanks for challenging me to use my scraps.

sophie said...

I picked up an old project this weekend--started as part of a past RSC ... and I've been wondering about including blacks and browns, too.

Your quilt is really amazing–proof that scraps can because something beautiful!

Kate said...

The crumb quilt turned out nicely. I've got your new button and plan to really stick with the challenge next year. I've found a fun scrappy block to play with, plus hope to get back on track with my butterfly blocks.