Saturday, December 21, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday - Winter Wind Down

It is the first day of winter vacation and I have two weeks to officially sew myself silly!  I have officially given up on getting my sewing machine back anytime soon and ordered a quarter inch foot for Anna's machine.  It is a simplicity surplus school machine, but it makes a fine stitch.  If I can just get the quarter inch seem working well I'll be good to go.
 So last night I dug through my brown scraps and found some pieces big enough to turn into two inch strips for the solstice step three.  Bonnie's  (Hunter) orange is my brown and I think I found plenty leftover from when I did her Smith Mountain quilt.
 Then I kept working on the crumb blocks for Bonny's (mother in law this time) anniversary quilt.
 Then, after I was all tuckered out from that, I settled in to watch Sing-off with the girls while enjoying a bit of hand quilting on the blue Dear Jane.  I am making nice progress after several evenings in a row. Consistency is the  key to so many things.
And her it is Saturday morning and I am ready to draw the lucky winner for this beautiful bundle of hand dyed fabric from Vicki Welsh  at Field Trips in Fiber.  Drumroll please.   Thanks to the random number generator at Random.org, the winner is.....Carla at A Few of My Favorite things.  Congratulations Carla.  Please send me your snail mail via e-mail and I will hop off to the post office to send out your rainbow fabric bundle.  I do think they will make your pickle dish blocks sparkle.  Happy sewing.  
After all of that, I almost forgot to post a link-up for ScrapHappy Saturday.  Lots of finishing up is happening about now.  I hope you are finding a few minutes of peace and calm in this busy holiday season to enjoy the calm and quiet of a bit of fabric and thread.  Use misterlinky to share your progress or even plans for the new year.  It is just around the corner!



8 comments:

Deb A said...

Congrats Carla! Such pretty fabrics to work with.
Hope you enjoy lots of restful sewing over the next couple of weeks! Your DJ is looking wonderful. So happy it is getting some attention.

Char said...

Congratulations Carla!

Ellen said...

Congrats to Carla - lucky girl!!!

Sadly, another week that I didn't work on my rainbow projects so I have nothing to link :(

Andee said...

Finally progress on both Rainbow BOM's!

Angie said...

Hope you have a grand time sewing during your winter break!

Quilter Kathy said...

So happy to see Dear Jane out and enjoying some quilting time! Hope you have lots of relaxing sewing time ahead! You deserve it!

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

Happy Sewing on your days off -- I too am off until January 2nd! I plan to babysit a great niece and sew sew sew!

Kate said...

Glad that you have a plan to get back to sewing. Hope you get in lots of stitching time.