Monday, October 20, 2014

Design Wall Monday October 20, 2014

I am almost done with the Mai Tai Sunrise blocks.  Almost.  I have extras of framed nine patches, but it looks like I still need 5 more star blocks.  First I'd better get these picked up off the floor before the dog scrambles them though.  Each block is 7.5 inches, so this should be a nice twin sized quilt when it is done.  This is a Bonnie Hunter Pattern from Quiltmaker magazine.  Though, I also saw the star block in a Nickel Quilts book as well.  I didn't use nickel squares, I used 2 inch strips and easy and companion angle rulers.  These blocks have been Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks for about a year and a half I think, so it will feel great to get them finished off and sewn together.  Hopefully before the new mystery starts after Thanksgiving.
 Most of my sewing time this weekend was spent painting the girls bathroom, so not much was accomplished on the quilting front.
 The bathroom is now a cool and creamy shade of teal that reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
This is the fabric that they have chosen for curtains and shower curtains.  So no quilts on the horizon quite yet, but the sewing machine will get some action in any case.  I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times, so feel free to head over and see what else is on design walls this week.

11 comments:

Andee said...

Quilt blocks look great! Bathroom looks great too!

Kevin the Quilter said...

That Mai Tai Sunrise quilt looks and sounds delicious!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Mai Tai Sunrise - what a perfect name and what a wonderful scrappy quilt top in progress!

Scrappy quilter said...

Love the quilt.

Nell's Quilts said...

Great progress on the quilt. Lovely fabric choices for the girls' bathroom. Should be lovely when done.

Dasha said...

Lovely rainbows in those quilt blocks! Well done. I love the bathroom, and the colours the girls have chosen for their accessories. Wouldn't mind some of that lovely fabric on the left for my stash. LOL

Kate said...

Mai Tai Sunrise is looking great. Cool paint job in the bathroom, love the fabrics you've chosen for the accessories.

Cathy said...

Love your Mai Tai Sunrise. That is going to be a gorgeous quilt.

Libby in TN said...

Yes, the star block is in Nickel Quilts. It's one of my favorite blocks. Love the color progression of yours.

Sparky said...

i love that you celebrate colour in all hues....so lovely indeed

Suzy said...

What a fun project for your girls. How lucky they are to have a mom who can make them fun, pretty curtains instead of buying plain ones at the store!