Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Mid Year Update

Today we will celebrate the mid point of our year with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  So take a few minutes to take stock, admire your accomplishments, and share your progress with us all.  
First up are my OMG Churn Dashes.  I got this pulled out last week to take stock and plan.  Out of 400 blocks, I only need 137 more.  I'll pull this out again the next time I feel like working on something tiny.
I have caught up on light blues since this photo was taken, but I forget how many of each block I had intended to make.  The postage stamps are 16 patches that are reworked from the leftovers of an earlier 36 patch quilt, which was leftover from an earlier 100 patch quilt.  In general I just used up whatever was in the 1.5 inch bin, so the number of blocks is highly variable.  I could go with a random layout of course, but if I end up with rainbow stripes I should decide on the row length.
These little twinkler blocks seem to be missing green and light blue/aqua.  They work up really quickly, so that should be easy to fix.  
The framed nine patches got sewn together into rows this week.  I have the nine patches ready to go in both light blue and red, those can get added to the collection.  I am enjoying the red and black corners on this one.  
Finally, I did a quick survey of the orange peels while I was prepping more on the last slow stitching Sunday.  This one is going to keep going for  a while with no big plans or deadlines.  Everybody needs a slow and steady project, right?
Mister Linky is below for anyone with midyear updates to share.  Feel free to use your scraphappy Saturday post again if you already posted your projects.  



12 comments:

Amy said...

Gosh, it's so fun seeing all that color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dasha said...

I'm not sure which Of you projects I like best Angela. They are all fabulous. If pressed, I think I might go for the churn dashes. They are so cute.

Delighted Hands said...

These look wonderful; if only every wall could be a design wall....

gayle said...

I love all your projects!
And I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's updates. So!Much!Color!

Deb A said...

So many great projects. Is it terrible that I have already picked out a couple blocks for next year?

Sheila said...

Beautiful blocks, Angela.
Thank you sooooo much for hosting this challenge each year. I've worked up several wonderful scrappy quilts and projects thanks to this challenge.

Suzy said...

So pretty! Love all the colorfulness! :o)

Angie said...

All your blocks look great! I'm really drawn to the orange peels - they remind me of stained glass!

Mystic Quilter said...

Truly Rainbow Scraps - and all coming along so quickly! Love the Orange Peel.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh Look at all that amazing color!!! Your house was really fun looking wasn't it!

Dasha said...

Thank you so much for organising this special link up Angela. I have really enjoyed tripping around to see what everyone has made. It is so good to see all the blocks for the projects together.

Kate said...

You have lots of rainbows in your sewing room! Sorry I missed the link up. Between laundry and getting caught up at work, playing on the Internet wasn't really an option.