Saturday, July 11, 2015

ScrapHappy Saturday - Bright and Beautiful Red

 I have this little stack of nine patches ready to be framed.  That shouldn't take long.
My biggest goal today is to finish up Mai Tai Sunrise.  Bonnie Hunter put out a call last week for quilts made using her addicted to scraps column in Quiltmaker magazine.  So I sent her a photo of this quilt.  While we were on vacation I got an e-mail back with the mailing instructions.  Just guessing she wanted finished quilts, not flimsies.  I did manage to find backing fabric yesterday.  I'd better get busy with that ASAP.  Then there is the t-shirt quilt, the top is almost done, so I'll be able to throw that onto the frame as soon as this guy comes off.
What are your plans for ScrapHappy Saturday.  I so much enjoyed seeing everyone's halfway progress.  Adding some red to the mix will definitely brighten things up a bit.  Use the linkytool below to share your reds with us all.

14 comments:

Jo said...

Wow you have made great progress with this quilt. Well done

LA Paylor said...

hello you little homebody! That quilt is outstanding!!
I also have so much fun visiting everyone each week, and am thankful you provide the party space! LeeAnna

Patricia said...

A beautiful quilt, love the rainbow.

Kat Scribner said...

Mai Tai is gonna be gorgeous.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Mai Tai is a fabulous example!! Congratulations!

Next up for me is Fruit Loops (and continuing to work on the HSTs for Vivacious).

Sheila said...

Congratulations! It's awesome! You go girl!

Nell's Quilts said...

The reds have such great variety. The Mai Tai quilt looks so spectacular with all the rainbow shades.

Angie said...

Love seeing all those reds together in your 9 patches! And the Mai Tai Sunrise is gorgeous!

Sue SA said...

Love red blocks! Looking forward to getting the kids back to school so I can make some more.

gayle said...

Wow, I love Mai Tai Sunrise! It's spectacular as a rainbow quilt. Bonnie will be tickled pink.

Kate said...

Mai Ti Sunrise looks amazing. Good luck getting it all finished up. I hope to be caught up enough to link up next weekend.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Great rainbow quilt. Your days must be longer than mine!! I liked up but see I included my last name. Any chance you can remove my last name but leave my link up?

Nann said...

I feel that July is slipping away! Here's my red block.

Andee Neff said...

What an honor that Bonnie wants to show it off. You deserve that girl!