Sunday, July 12, 2015

Stick a Fork in Me

 Of the backing options offered, Miranda chose the yellow.  I didn't have quite enough, so I stretched it with some green in the same pattern that that was leftover from a green crossroads quilt I think.  I worked extra hard to make it looked planned.
As much as I would love to get this guy loaded onto the frame tonight, binding beckons.  I want to get Mai Tai Sunrise off in the mail early this week.  It is due in Colorado before August 1st when Bonnie Hunter will be filming tutorials for her Addicted to Scraps Column.  Honestly I'm just tired.  Even though I got quite a bit of binding done while watching Gone Girl this afternoon, a bit of calm sounds pretty good right now.  Gone Girl was really odd.  I had no clue what was going to happen from one part to the next.  

8 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

Wow! I just read your latest posts and have you been busy. Good for you getting so much done. I'm sure Bonnie will love sharing your Mai Tai Sunrise. It's beautiful and the hot pink works so well for the binding. Happy slow Sunday stitching.

Vicki W said...

Sounds like it is time for yo to put your feet up for a nice break!

gayle said...

I haven't seen the movie, but I've read the book, and it was like that, too.
You really deserve to sit with your feet up for awhile. With or without a binding project in your lap.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Take time to breathe ... You 've earned it!

Deb A said...

OMG - I have not heard that saying in years! Reminds me of my friend Shelly who said it all the time. I'll get to see her for the first time in 6 years over in Coco Beach the end of the month. Hope you are resting after a very long but productive day.

Delighted Hands said...

Excellent work-it's good to push yourself like this every once in a while to get results like this!

Kate said...

I hate sewing to deadlines, even the worthwhile ones. Hopefully you'll get these two done and can adopt a more leisurely approach to having fun in your sewing room.

sunny said...

Don't forget to take time to breathe! We watched Gone Girl, and it wasn't at all what I expected. Very strange.