Saturday, January 30, 2016

Backing Bonanza



The little blue extras quilt was hanging out on the dining room table patiently waiting.  
So I dug into the scrap bin and found a Noah's Ark panel which didn't have a home.  There was also a long strip of dark blue which must have been leftover from another backing.   I used that as a frame to make the panel large enough.  This one should be ready to go whenever I am in a quilting mood again.
Theres was a star quilt also waiting to have a backing prepared.  I found some teal fish.  Maybe this extra bit of teal and purple with stretch it out enough?
 I got the binding machine sewn onto the postage stamp quilt.  I'll save the handwork for tomorrow of course.
 Also, look at the blue scrap basket that I made to go with the green one from last year.  I am hoping to get the scrap stash down enough that each color will fit in its own basket.  I'm not quite there yet though.  Maybe if I make a light blue basket as well it will work out.
Now I have to decide if I am done for today or ready to press on.

14 comments:

Libby in TN said...

You're serious about this scrap business, huh? Maybe you could visit my basement .....

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Well you are on a roll! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a great idea to make a scrap basket from the scraps :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your postage stamp quilt! I was looking at it in yesterday's post. What size are the squares that make up the blocks and the blocks themselves?

Jo said...

Great to get some backings to fit. Time to get stuck into some quilting now

Dasha said...

You have had some serious scrap using there. I do like your scrap baskets. I store scraps in plastic tubs which stack as I don't have shelves to put them on.

Ellen said...

Great job on getting those quilts one step closer to being quilted. Making backings is not one of my favourite things to do!

Magpie Sue said...

LOVE that postage stamp quilt! Bravo for finding backing fabric in the stash too. :- )

margaret said...

you have 2 great backings for the quilts both will be double sided with such nice backings. Scrap baskets look good too,

Kaja said...

I love the idea of each colour having its own scrap basket - that will look so pretty.

Delighted Hands said...

I need to get myself in gear-you really are making progress in the sewing room! Hooray.

Jennie in GA said...

Great progress...as usual. I need to soak in some of your energy! Love the scrap baskets.

Kate said...

You've gottan a lot done. I really, really like that postage stamp quilt. Hope you get lots of slow stitching time today.

beaquilter said...

it looks great. just yesterday I created a new board on pinterest- quilt backing ideas! it was fun to look for