Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy and Scrappy on Sunday

It is a Sunday, but also a Saturday as I get to stay home tomorrow in my pajamas and sew some more.  Ah happy day!
So in celebration of an extra day at home, I sewed these blocks together.  They were all done as part of RSC15, but needed to be sewn together.  Maybe a nice wide border and a soft snugly flannel backing?
The extra blue pinwheels got a narrow white border before the extra blue spikes.  I found a big piece of dark blue in the scrap bin, but it might be too dark.  Maybe something lighter or brighter?  
These are the rest of the geese from crumbs.  I'd better do some math and figure out how long they should be.  Perhaps a narrow white strip between each row of geese.  I am thinking of an up down  arrangement, maybe with a transition to look like the geese are flying around the corners?  I'd better get out the graph paper and start some planning.  

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stars look so sweet wandering around the blocks!

Deb A said...

So many blues working their way into quilts! Enjoy the extra sewing day tomorrow.

beaquilter said...

I was thinking of doing star blocks for RSC16, I already picked it for our quilt guild's BOM I think we're doing these in April.

Jeanne said...

Definitely a Happy Scrappy Sunday! Love your stars and quilts!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a productive day!!

Ivani said...

I like the star quilts so very much...I need to try this block. Other day I saw similar blocks that also called my attention, maybe I just need to give it a try.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Enjoy your day off! You will have a few more quilts finished in no time!!

Delighted Hands said...

I know you will make good use of the extra day tomorrow! These blocks/quilts are inspiring! Someday I will get to sew again....

Katie Z. said...

I love to read about all you manage to accomplish.

Robby said...

I love how those stars move around. That seems like just the thing to tickle a little person as they lay snuggled with that great quilt.

Dasha said...

You got heaps done. Love your stars. They are so happy.

gayle said...

Beautiful projects! Your sewing fingers were flying! Enjoy that extra day!

Barbara said...

Well, they're both fabulous, but I especially love that top one. Very, very cute. What a great scrapbuster too!

Kate said...

I like the crumb geese as border for the pinwheel quilt. Both projects are coming together beautifully.

Ellen said...

Wow...you took great advantage of the extra day off! The spike border turned out perfect!