Sunday, January 3, 2016

Scrappy Perserverance

I finished the center blocks for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge Dear Jane Quilt in July of 2014.  It got put away then while I decided whether or not I wanted to do the triangle border blocks.  I was in the midst of the Scraphappy Sampler of 2014 and got a bit carried away,  leading straight into the Sawtooth Sampler of 2015.  Those are both done now, quilted and bound.
And so I come back to Dear Jane.  16 border blocks are already done.  It would be a shame to stop now, with almost a quarter of the work done, right?  Last night I pulled out the Dear Jane binder again and started sorting through all the bits.  I even saved Ziploc bags of color coordinated scraps!
I resurrected the mini quilt map made from 2.5 inch squares of each fabric.
It really is time to finish this one up.  Wish me luck!

I'm linking up with Oh Scrap! this morning at Quilting is more fun than Housework, head over to see what other quilters are doing with their scraps this morning.



16 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I had forgotten all about this quilt... it's gorgeous!
And everything is so coordinated and ready to finish up!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh how exciting! That's going to be an amazing quilt when finished :)

CathieJ said...

Dear Jane is going to be absolutely beautiful when it is finished. It is already wonderful. Enjoy your stitching.

Angie said...

I'm glad you're going to finish the entire quilt! I remember watching your rainbow progress through the DJ blocks and being re-inspired to make this quilt. That hasn't happened yet, but it's still on my Quilting Bucket List!

Sally Trude said...

Organization! What a concept. After finding myself making some of the blocks twice, I've decided I'd better get my act together. And I'm glad to see you bring it back...except to tell you the truth I assumed you had finished it.

Deb A said...

So nice you are pulling some RSC quilts to finish off this year too. It will be fun to watch the rainbow DJ.... the blue one is still a favorite of mine.

Delighted Hands said...

What a nice play on the trip around the world layout! This one just glows with color! Nice work to pull out and finish!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

You amaze me with how much you accomplish! Happy New Year!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi! Dear Jane quilt is so beautiful and I'm looking for to see the borders! I love the rainbow project! That is a great idea for special scraps. x Teje

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the little map you made for your layout! Such a great idea! Do you have plans for it when the big quilt top is completed? Maybe for the back?!

Cathy said...

Good luck! I admire anyone that makes a DJ quilt!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This quilt must have been before I started following you. It definitely needs finishing. Those are a lot of work and the colors in this one are so happy!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Beautiful quilts. The rainbow scrap challenge is so bright and pretty.

gayle said...

Dear Jane quilts just impress the heck out of me. Good luck on the finish - can't wait to see!

Andee said...

You can do it! I cannot wait to see it!

Kate said...

You should definitely get this one finished up. It's already gorgeous and it's not done yet.