Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday Funday

After the Dear Jane was finished last week, it was time to start a new hand quilting project.  These bonus HST squares made tiny little Broken Dishes Stars and they were ready to go next.  After reading Kathy's post about marking quilts earlier this week, I was ready to give my Frixion pens a try.  I like to wash my quilts anyway, and I'm not too worried about the temperatures getting below freezing here in Florida.  So I marked some simple diamonds in the lattice strips and orange peel shapes in the star points.  I even found a border stencil that was just the right size.  I think that will do it.  Simple and to the point.  
I also got the binding on the postage stamp quilt and then went to find the wonder clips.  Someone has been playing with them apparently. Maybe they didn't want any to get lost?

14 comments:

Ellen said...

I have used Frixion pens for marking all of my Seven Sisters quilts and the lines have always been removed successfully. This time I am using a #2 pencil and it seems to be working just fine as well.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Enjoy your hand quilting today ! :)

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I use frixion pens a lot. The only time I have had a problem is on batiks. They could have been lower quality fabrics, but the first (and only) time I used it on batiks it left a white line on the fabric. I did use an iron to remove the marks, so I don't know if that added to the problem or not. Since then I have also used a hair dryer to remove the marks rather than an iron. Have fun with your broken dishes!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have never had a problem with the mechanical pencils I use so I will continue to use them. What is it they say if it ain't broken why fix it. Enjoy your stitched today!

Delighted Hands said...

Great plans for the hand quilting; I like the clip 'art' sculpture!

Denise :) said...

Aaaah, you're going to enjoy your hand quilting! The wonder clips--how funny! Someone enjoys them as much as you enjoy using them for their intended purpose!! :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wonderful new hand quilting project! What a great way to keep those clips all in one spot! Have fun with your stitching today!

Jennie in GA said...

Love that you always have a hand quilting project in addition to the longarming!

Quilter Kathy said...

Uh oh... someone was playing with the clips :)
I guess they could be kind of like lego??!?
ENjoy your hand stitching... love the hand quilting design you are using for the broken dishes!

Sara said...

I am always amazed and don't know how you get so much done! Very cute hand quilting project.

Kate said...

Enjoy your slow stitching today.

Deb A said...

Looks like someone had fun with the clips. You always pick such perfect quilting designs for your quilts. That is the part that always stumps me. Congrats on the almost finish.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely quilting. I'm a pencil girl....very antiquated here lol!

Cathy said...

I haven't had trouble with my Frixion pen on cotton, but have had trouble on fancy fabrics (satin, brocade). I'll stick to my Chaco liners just to be safe. As always, your quilting projects are lovely.