Monday, January 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday January 17, 2011

I had to put up my second design wall. It had been down since the last time we had company. With all the scraphappenings on Saturday though, my walls were running out of space.  So on wall number 1 are the crumb and cornerstone blocks.  They are squared up with my GO to 4.5 and 2.5 inches with simple white strips between.   
This is part of wall number 2 is where I have some of the individual blue blocks I have been working on this month.  The top block is called Flying Strings, the middle block is Pinwheel Geese and the bottom block is Blocked In from the Quiltmakers 100 block issue.  I think it is my favorite blue block so far.  I cleverly cropped out the rest of the wall where projects for the next couple of Saturdays are hiding.  Just believe me when I say that there are blue projects everywhere. 
So after all of the fun with scraps, I decided to shift gears to UFOs.  This is number 6 on my list.  After much time crawling around and measuring, I got all the bits and pieces put together to form the center of the top.  I'll need to go check it out on the bed before I figure out what comes next, but maybe a thin yellow border and a wide border of blue squares.  I hope I get to use lots of blue squares, because otherwise I will have made lots of new blue scraps and the month is almost over.  I guess scraps never end. 

26 comments:

Sue said...

lol I agree that scraps never end....but that is part of the fun. We get to keep creating, even with the smallest of scraps. All your work is lovely.

Charlene S said...

I think that they have little scraps while in the scrap pile/bin. It doesn't matter how much I make from that bin, it is still full!

Jane said...

What a lovely quilt, it will be great to see this one finished

Jan Maree said...

I agree with Charlene S - I am convinced the scraps breed!!! I have just spent tonight colour sorting all my scraps - way too many!
Love your scraps though - great quilt and great blocks!

Amanda said...

I'm refusing to look too closely at my scraps in case I come up with loads more blue!

Jerzydeb said...

Beautiful blocks - can't wait to see the finished quilt.

All of my smaller scraps get donated to a little girl I run into about once a month. She uses them to dress her cardboard dolls, and I'm happy to have them out of my house !

Patchworked said...

I've only just found your scrappy chalange (dec post) am planning on joining you but January is half gone, but will dig out my blues tomorrow and at least use some of my blues.

Chris said...

Love all the blue. I never thought of squaring up blocks with my go....great idea!

Angela said...

Wow you really must be making a big hole in your blues scraps with all of these fabulous projects.

Melinda said...

Love the crumb block quilt. I need to get my act together and get my blue blocks made for the month.

Jennifer Woo said...

Love the Blue! I may have to look into making those blocks from the Quiltmakers 100 blocks for my sampler also. They look fantastic.

Bonnie said...

Wow love all of your blues. Especially your aim for the moon. You get so much done. I need to get revved up!

Comfort Cove Designs said...

Your design walls are looking great!!! You are looking very productive!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Quilter Kathy said...

Amazing how much you have already accomplished in January!

Teaquilts said...

You are so right, scraps never ends. Ninety percent of my quilts are scraps so I don't understand why they are still here. Love your projects with all the blues. I can't pick a favorite because they are all beautiful.

Judy D in WA said...

You are a machine! Do you every sleep? I love all the blues. I have some strips and strings together but that's as far as I went. Maybe this Saturday.

Judy D in WA said...

You are a machine! Do you every sleep? I love all the blues. I have some strips and strings together but that's as far as I went. Maybe this Saturday.

Alycia said...

Wow!! The blues are fantastic!!!

Tamera said...

It looks pretty "blue" at your house, lol.

Cattinka said...

You really must have used up a lot of blue scrapps with all the blue projects around the house. Is your blue scrap basket empty jet?
KATRIN W.

Vicki H. said...

Love your blocks so much! I think your blocks are great and am guessing how they are going to be set. Nice job.

mkhquilts said...

Love your quilt with the lettering! Love how it turned out!

Kate said...

Beautiful blue blocks! Fun UFO.

Allyson said...

Aim for the moon is wonderful! What a great way to use up all those scraps.

AnnieO said...

What a fun UFO to work on! Love that saying.

Scraps are like dirty dishes and laundry...just when you think you have used the last piece, another batch shows up!

Candace said...

Great quilt and great sentiment.