Saturday, April 14, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday Sunshine and Joy

I once made a quilt for Mom in the Sister's Choice Pattern. 
It reminds me a lot of this month's block. 
The nice thing about making three of each block is that is gives you a chance to play around with the colors.  Different placement gives each block a unique look.  
I completely neglected to make the PDF instructions from Mari's post last week.  Its a good thing that I made all the blocks in January or I would have forgotten that too!  I'll update the links soon though.  
Kurt has gone to drive Ryan to the ACT.  He has prom tonight and Sydney is planning a sleepover.  I have a graduation quilt to finish, but first I need to go and finish painting the garage.  We are redoing the floor and I want to do the walls first in case I drip.  Who am I kidding, of course I'm going to drip.  Its a garage!
Last bit of exciting news.  The girls Lacrosse team made it to the district tournament.  We only won two games this season, but they were both against district teams.  So there is one more game to go and the season will be done.  Spring can get a bit out of hand here, but hopefully things will start to wind down soon.  Robotics is done, lacrosse will be done soon.  Just lots of tests and a few more random competitions to get through before graduation in 31 days.  Not that anyone is counting of course.  




   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

15 comments:

Ivani said...

This is a happy and fun block for this month. Next week I'll be playing with them and my yellow scraps.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful blocks, I love the way you arrange fabrics on different placements

Julie in GA said...

Your blocks look wonderful! I love the different combinations of yellow and gold fabrics.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

The blocks look great ! Don't drip TOO much :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such a busy time of year for families (and teachers, too)! But it's all fun, isn't it? I love the the colors you used for your sampler blocks - each different color placement changes up the block in an interesting way!

Kate said...

The end of the school year also seemed so rushed, especially right before the SIT graduated. So much going on and we had just one kiddo. Has to be a logarithmic relationship when you have more! Hope you can find some quiet time to stitch a bit here and there. So if Ryan has prom, doesn't Anna too?

Mari said...

Good golly, your life is busy right now! Hope the prom is a blast. These last 31 days will fly by.

Edith said...

Nice blocks Angela, I'm sure enjoying working with yellow this month. It sounds like you have a busy day, I'm not sure how you do it all, and such productive and accomplished children as well, they have a good example to follow.

Katie said...

Don't worry about the "drips" on the floor. That's what "spatter" painting is for. Just do some around the edge of the floor.
Quilting is more fun.

Deb A said...

You were busy back in January! I have the directions written down and hope to make a block tonight or tomorrow.

Cathy Tomm said...

I looked last week for the PDF but not to worry Sister's choice was not to hard to work out. Lots of great yellow all over today. Your blocks look great.

Jennifer said...

I better get going on my yellows - can’t believe we are already half way through the month!

Marsha Cooper said...

I hope you don't mind that I've linked up since I am doing yellow in my Sodoku quilt.

beaquilter said...

I'm doing susters choice too! Haven't started yellow yet though

cocoya said...

Your blocks look wonderful! I love the different combinations of yellow and gold fabrics.


กำถั่ว