Sunday, April 29, 2018

Slowing Down Now

Binding time is quilting's reward for having finished something.  Catherine's T-Shirt quilt is fresh off the quilting frame and ready for binding.  I'm looking forward to slowing down with some calm slow stitching to finish everything off. 
Things are starting to wind down for the school year too, so finishing up is a theme right now.  End of Course and AP exams are just around the corner, along with one more science fair leading us right into graduation.  What a long strange year its been.  I'll ponder all that while I'm sewing down the binding.  

8 comments:

Deb said...

Enjoy your down time stitching the binding for the lovely tee shirt quilt. I just told my sister to start saving one or two my grand nieces tee shirts every year so I can make her a quilt for when she graduates, she's just five.

Jill said...

Pretty blue sashing and binding on the T-Shirt quilt. Somehow it brings all the various shirts together for a cohesive look.

Kate said...

Congrats on getting the quilting done and the binding on. We visited our college girl today and did the first pass of bringing things home from the dorm room so she will not have so much when she has to move out in 2 weeks. It has a been a strange school year.

Cathy said...

Congrats on a great (almost) finish. The binding is always the icing on the cake!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Looks terrific! And just in time.

Daffycat said...

Very nice! The binding is my favorite part!

Sandy Panagos said...

Binding is my favorite part. I think I'll start thinking of it as a reward, too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

How did I miss that you finished the quilting on this T-Quilt?!?!