Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Not Quite Quilting

 We found two new windows at the new house.  They were all covered with drywall and we didn't even know that we had them.  Kurt has been creating lots of dust while taking out the drywall. 
 I haven't had much time to sew, but at least I got to use my quilting supplies to cut shelf liner. There was lots of very old and grubby contact paper that I am replacing. 
 Look how clean it looks now!
Painting is happening slowly.  Most of the priming is done, at least on the main floor.  I got one gallon of our possible color up to see how we like it.  It is a Benjamin Moore color called Balboa Mist.  What do you think?
This is the color from before.  We are replacing the light fixtures too, and the baseboards.  One project at time though, slow and steady.  I'm hoping that the dust making ends soon and I can set up a sewing room.  That will be fun!

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how odd to have found windows like that - what are they covered up with on the outside of the house? Are you going to keep them or cover them back up? Hope you don't have a lot of remodeling to do

barbara woods said...

why would any one cover up windows , I love lots of light

Cindy said...

Yeah to repainting that yugly color!!!!! and I love the surprise window! What's on the other side?

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I know it is hard work, but look at what you will have in the end and how much fun it is to remake something to your own taste!

The Joyful Quilter said...

OMG!!! Who covers up a window with wall board?!?! Congrats on finding MORE light!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your new wall color! I always prefer lighter walls. Although it's a lot of work, making the new place your own sounds lovely to me!

earthmotherwithin said...

Yeah, that old colour needs freshing up. All of this hard work will be worth it.

Crystal_235 said...

Why cover up windows? Were they covered up on the outside of house?

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fun adventure! I don't envy you all that work!