Friday, April 12, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday #14


At the state academic team competition this weekend and working to get the new inlinkz to work.  Wish me luck.  
I don't seem to be having much luck with the linky party again this week.  Is there anyone who has successfully navigated the freshlinkz system who might have some words of advice?  When I finish creating the link, there is a box for the party on the dashboard, and at the bottom it says "copy code"  When I try to copy the code, it asks for a blog URL, and when I enter my blog, it tells me that "this url has been taken"  I've tried it for the main blog url as well as the specific url for this post.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  I finally heard back from tech support last week to get the new account activated, but waiting another day and half for them to help would be a bummer.  
Hey, maybe I got it to work.  I pasted the link into a new tab and copied it back to this post.  I'm sure that is not how it is supposed to work, but there seems to be a linky here now.  Sorry to be having such trouble.  Usually I can navigate these things pretty easily.  Not sure why I'm having such fits right now.  Probably because I'm trying to rush through everything.  That is always when it gets hard.  We lost our first match yesterday and therefore have to play a consolation round to earn our way back into the competition.  Wish us luck?  Winning is so much more fun than losing.  
We went to Epcot last night after our match and it was beautiful!  They are having a flower festival right now.  We were able to get in all the main rides and see all the sights before the big light show at 9.  I was ready to sleep after all of that, though the kids still seemed to be going strong.  We have brunch first thing and then maybe a quick park trip before the match and then more park time of course.  I think Animal Kingdom is the plan for today.  It is one of my favorites.  The new Pandora is just breathtaking.  


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



https://fresh.inlinkz.com/share/party/032ee589046f4661ac1996d25244b050


12 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on getting back into the competition and enjoy your park time!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hmmm...hubby was just informed about a job in Orlando yesterday. We'll see if anything happens. Good luck this weekend. We got to visit Epcot a couple of decades ago.

Quilter Kathy said...

I have had a hard time with the changes at Inlinkz also. I have managed to get my link ups to work with lots of time, effort, frustration and online research. But I am not happy with a) the amount of time it has taken to learn the new system and b) how it looks on my blog. It's always annoyed when "new and improved" actually means way more complicated and not what you want! LOL

Quilter Kathy said...

PS In case you didn't discover this, the old subscriptions are automatically given a "legacy" account for the same price of $2.99 per month. The new service is $7.99 a month. Or you can go with the free service but it is "ad supported" which I'm not a fan of. Wishing you lots of luck with solving the link up problems and with the competition!

Deb A said...

Good luck with the competition. Don't you hate it when they 'improve' things and it just makes things worse? Hope things get fixed or easier quickly.

Auntie Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

You did a great job, the linky is working very well, from our side. Hope it will be still ok next week for you ;) Good luck for the match!

Kathy S. said...

Good luck with your competition. Yes, winning is so much fun. What a great group of students to have so much fun like that. Enjoy! It's fun for the kids to make so many cool memories. It's awesome you can be part of it. I bet you are their favorite teacher. You give so much of yourself to it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Thanks for spending time on figuring inlinkz out, since we all enjoy this link up so much! I hope your students have had a great time at the competition, and enjoyed Epcot, too!

LA Paylor said...

the linky is not working to visit others. I get a message that firefox will not let me go to any other poster. Oy vey... the changes are too much lately. I guess people won't be coming to visit each other this week...

Kate said...

Hope you were able to get back into the competition. I hate navigating system changes, especially when technical support is slow.

Marly said...

Good luck in the competition. What's the sport?