Tuesday, November 30, 2021

I worked on two more variations of the Blackford's Beauty block.  I like the black star points.  Also leaning toward the flying goose method over the flip and sew chevron 

Then, as long as there were scraps flying everywhere, I made a few half square triangle units to try out the inverted star plan.   Both stars are exactly the same, but with the colors in opposite positions.  Not sure yet if that will be enough to see the pattern, I'll have to make another block or two before I decide.   

Here is the sunrise from today.  Just a quick peek before I dashed out the door as this is our week of meetings almost every day.   


 

10 comments:

Mari said...

Oooh, I like the black star points, too! Your blocks remind me that I have one of these to finish. . .if I could just remember where I put it. . .

Sara said...

Love those blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Blackford Beauty blocks are neat ones! Love seeing what you're trying.

Angie said...

The Blackford's Beauty blocks are a great idea - enough piecing to be a bit of a challenge, but a new way to use up scraps!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Blackford Beauty looks great as a rainbow scrap block! I'm hoping to participate in the RSC next year.

Julie in GA said...

I've always liked this block pattern, and it looks especially wonderful all scrappy! The black star points are great.

Ufa88kh said...

Thanks for all your efforts, I believe there are many people who feel like I read this article!
I hope you continue to have articles like this to share with everyone!
wordpress
ufa88kh.blogspot
youtube
SEXY BACCARAT

Susie H said...

Love the Blackford's Beauty Stars. That will make a gorgeous RSC quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I think you are really on to something with those star points in black, Angela!

Kathy S. said...

LOVE the small adjustment of the black star points in your Blackford Star blocks. Stunning colors!