I actually made good progress on yellow. I am still looking forward to purple for next month though. I made a bunch of leader and ender blocks while finishing up the nautical baby quilt. Then I did some more while putting together the last few little loggies blocks. This one was started in 2012! Slow and steady for sure. If you click the little loggies label at the bottom of the post, you will be able to see some of the progress. Each block finishes at 2.5 inches and has 13 pieces. So many tiny pieces!
I celebrated that finish by pulling out the sprout flimsy which was square. I do not enjoy square blocks. So I added some 16 patch blocks that I always have on hand to make it taller. Then I started to make some Dresden flowers that will finish off the top. I think that I will turn the big yellow flower into a sunflower with a brown center and then add some different sizes in purple pink and maybe orange. Stay tuned for another finish.
This was my favorite sunrise from the week.
Lots going on this week. We did date night on Monday because we were sure we would be headed to Virginia when the new grandbaby arrived. So then we had to do date night again on Friday when he didn't arrive. Monday was a women's group. Wednesday Kurt wanted to go to trivia because a friend from work was the hostess. It was not our usual place or night for trivia, but it was fun and we ended up wining. We even got the final question right which was about a Billy Joel song. We never get the final question right, but we do know our Billy Joel. Then Thursday was an event at school for me while Kurt did his sports draft thing. That brings us back to now with no new grandbaby arrival waiting patiently. I did help host a baby shower at work that had been rescheduled.
How are your yellow scraps wrapping up? I am so excited for purple next month. I feel like I have missed a few months from sheer craziness, so I will be catching up next month along with the neutrals that usually round out the year. I know its only August, but I am starting to think ahead to make sure that I can assemble a couple of flimsies before the end of the year. Misterlinky is below, please share your own yellow progress with us all. Happy scrappy sewing!




No comments:
Post a Comment