Saturday, August 22, 2026

ScrapHappy Saturday - Progress

 


I finally made progress on my yellow blocks for August!

I had plenty of leader and ender space while finishing up the baby quilt for the new grandbaby who should be here soon. It is amazing how having two extra days off each week allows me to actually do things other than work and graduate school. What a great change!

Kurt was in Virginia for a big work thing this week, but had enough time to finish the siding under the bay window that we replaced together this summer. Slowly, all of the aluminum siding is getting replaced with cedar which is much more cabin-core. He got an estimate for new gutters, as well, there has been so much rain and the old gutters just aren't working well enough to keep the water flowing away from the house. 

Here is my favorite sunrise from this week. I am working on establishing a habit of walking every morning. Sometime a long walk and sometimes a small one. The habit is the thing. Its going well so far and I love the sunrises. 

What are your plans for this lovely Saturday? I hope it includes scrappiness and happiness, that is a great part of any day. 

No comments: