I planned hand sewing for the trip to Virginia. We came up to meet the new grand baby. After his due date passed on Friday, they decided to induce on Tuesday before the holiday weekend. He finally arrived on Thursday morning. Mom and dad are not sharing photos of the new baby on social media, so here is his room instead. I had saved the binding to sew on the drive up.
There has been quite a bit of handwork in my sewing lately. After adding some blossoms to the sprouts blocks, this quilt is finally ready to be done. I just don't enjoy square quilts, so this was a way to make it rectangular. This was one of my RSC projects from 2019, so it is good to have it ready to move along.
I have some hexies as well, but have not had a chance to start sewing those together yet. Perhaps today. We are at Anna and Jordan's waiting for the new family to come home from the hospital. Her blood pressure was high and so they kept them all there for an extra day. We have been delivering them food and popping in for short visits. It will be good to have them back home again. For now it is just us and the cat, all waiting patiently. Sewing some purple hexies sounds just about perfect. How are your purple scraps shaping up?


13 comments:
Congratulations on the new grand baby! Enjoy every snuggle! Your Sprouts quilt is delightful - I love the different blossoms that you added. Have a great holiday weekend, Angela!
Congratulations Grandma!! and to the whole family!! His room is awesome and so are the quilts you've been working on.
I love the ocean crib wall!!!
Ahhhh, playing the waiting game. At least you came prepared. The scrappy flowers are gorgeous!
Congratulations on the new addition to the family. Hope everyone is doing well and is home and adjusting. The sprouts quilt turned out beautifully!
Congratulations on welcoming your new grandson! Enjoy your visit.
Congratulations to everyone! And I really love your sprouts quilt. I had to sleep under a square quilt as a teenager, and vowed to never make any!
Congratulations on the birth of your 1st grandchild, Angela!
congratulations on being a grandma - the baby will bring lots of smiles!!
Congratulations on the new grand. I approve of the parents not sharing photos of the baby. I think too many people overdo the exposure on social media. The baby quilt turned out great and I love the how the sprouts sprouted flowers to change the dimensions of the quilt.
Pat
Congratulations Grandma! What a winderful time for your family.
Congratulations on the new grandchild! So handy to be in the same place as your vacation place. And the blooms quilt is gorgeous.
Ceci
Congrats !!! Yay for the new baby - they are just soooo sweet!
Post a Comment