Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New Mystery Quilt

Did everybody see the new mystery quilt over at Quiltville.com?  It looks like Bonnie has chosen red, blue and black along with a neutral background.  I am thinking of doing hot pink with teal and then using dark purple as the accent.  I have a lot of those colors in my scrap bin from a couple of baby quilts that evolved in different ways, so it would be nice to get them into something.  I took a few minutes when I got home from work today to pull some potential fabrics, and I think I like the combination.  The first clue comes out on Friday so now is the time to jump in with both feet!

7 comments:

Lynne said...

I read Bonnie's blog but somehow I missed that - thanks for the link!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Love the colors, the next two weeks are going to be the longest two weeks ever........I don't like waiting.

Amy said...

Oh girl.....I think you and I are up the same alley! I haven't made an attempt to head downstairs yet, BUT I was thinking teals/blues, pinks and purples. And seeing your picture----yup, yup! LOVE the color combination!

Quilting By Celia said...

I printed out her posting and I'm ready to use up all those scraps. I'm going to follow the same colour choices as Bonnie.

Deb A said...

I did see the link and will print out and start it when I can in December... maybe some thanksgiving week sewing on it? Not sure of my colors yet... I'll have to see what I have a good amount of for colors.... but might follow Bonnie as the stack of blue and red/pinks is pretty big.

Ellen said...

I love your colour choices! I think I am going to follow in Bonnie's footsteps and use her colours.

Judy D in WA said...

Love your colors! I have my fabrics fulled-I'm using the colors Bonnie used. It was so fun pulling fabrics and I cannot wait to get started!