Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tiny Tuesday - Bride's Stairway

 Some blocks just make you stare, scratch your head and wonder.  I'd been looking at this one for quite a while before its number came up wondering just one thing -- WHY?
In the end, I tackled it just like so many other things.  Take a deep breath and start with step one.  So I cut 16 blue rectangles at 7/8 x 1 3/4 inches.  Seriously?  Even better, the next step was 32 triangles from 1 5/8 inch squares cut into fourths.  OK.  Next, line up all the little bits and sew them together.  It wasn't so bad in the end, though I will admit to sewing one corner on the wrong way before figuring it out.  I won't call it perfect, but I will say I am glad to cross it off the list. 

10 comments:

Ellen said...

It is a cute block - worth the effort! It can be so tricky using such teeny tiny pieces.

Deb A said...

I said that same thing when I looked at it! Glad you got though it and checked it off your list. You are really doing great on these.

Judy D in WA said...

WOW. It's a great looking block. Can you imagine doing a whole quilt like this???

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Oh My! I am into lots of pieces, just not lots of LITLLE pieces. I thought Bonnie's were sometimes nuts and crazy, but that block is, oh no, not gonna do it crazy nuts!!! Judy.......no I can not!

Sheila said...

Can't put it any clearer that Ann Marie @16 Muddy Feet.
But you did a GREAT job with this block, Angela!Looks perfect to me.

Amanda said...

Oh, for goodness' sake, that's just daft!

Andee said...

Looks good! I am ready for brown colorway too!

Kate said...

Those are tiny. The finished block looks great!

Lynne said...

Hmmm! You are dedicated, I'll give you that! My teacher asked me today what quilt pattern you were using; of course I had no idea! She's making Nearly Insane!

BlackmooreJoe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.