Sunday, March 23, 2014

RSC Sampler - Four Plus

Just one quick block on my way out the door.  Deb at VT quilter showed an adorable cat block this week that I wanted to make, but time has run away with me.
This is a super simple block I thought about while walking the dog this morning.  I'm still trying to work with lots of variations on simple four and nine patch grids.
You will need:
2 - 3.5 inch squares
2 - 2.5 inch squares
2 - 1.5 by 2.5 inch rectangles
2 - 1.5 by 3.5 inch rectangles


Sew a short rectangle onto each side of a small square.  Press toward the rectangle.
Sew the long rectangle onto the side of each subunit.  Arrange these squares into a four patch with the large squares.
Tada!  Quick and simple modified four patch.  Enjoy.  

4 comments:

Kate said...

I'm looking forward to making this one with a couple of my new teals. Enjoy your vacation!

Andee said...

Nice and easy--and cute!

Terri said...

Nice block! Have a great time on your vacation!
Hugs

Deb A said...

Great block Angela. I'll go work on the cat block and put a post up tomorrow.