Saturday, May 10, 2014

Borders and Backing

 Here is Jamestown Landing with two borders.  It really does make the quilt seem much darker.  I like the way the greens frame out the quilt.  After testing it on the bed I decided against a third border.  Kurt thinks it would look strange and the size is just about right as it is.
This is my plan for the back.  This large paisley print was on sale a while ago.  It isn't quite wide enough to have the few extra inches that I need, so I will add in this extra strip of green border strings.  The bonus feature of my plan is that I will be able to tell which way the quilt is supposed to go while making the bed.  We have a rectangular quilt on our bed now and somehow it keeps going on the wrong way.
The original plan was to take Anna out for her birthday dinner tonight, but she has a friend over and is having too much fun to stop.  Dinner at home sounds like a great plan after a busy day.  

18 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my it's gorgeous Angela!!!! Is your inner border scrappy too? I love all the scrappy sparkle - and what a great way to make that backing fabric work and solve your orientation problem at the same time!

Rebecca in AK said...

Your Jamestown Landing is beautiful!! It feels so nice to get a top finished. Congratulations! And a Happy Birthday to Anna!

Andee said...

It is beautiful! I haven't made this one yet, but it is on my someday list!

Katie Z. said...

Very pretty!

sunny said...

Beautiful quilt!

Suzy said...

Looks awesome in green! :o)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Absoultely stunning!

Sherrill said...

I love your Jamestown Landing in green and love Bonnie's in blue. It's one of a gazillion of Bonnie's patterns I really want to make. Someday maybe!!

Angie said...

JL looks great - drooling over the paisley backing!

Dasha said...

I think this would have to be my favourite of Bonnie's designs, even though I love them all. I like your choice of border.

Needled Mom said...

That looks beautiful!

Jo said...

That's a great idea.
I always have trouble deciding which way is right side up

Vicki W said...

The quilt turned out great!

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful! Love the backing too!

Sheila said...

This turned out great, Angela.

Melinda said...

Oh my, this too beautiful to be a UFO. Good for you Getting those borders on. How great will it be to get it done!

Ellen said...

Congrats on getting the top finished - it is beautiful.

I love, love the backing. I am looking forward to seeing this quilt finished!

Kate said...

Very pretty! I like the dark green keyboard border, it makes a nice frame.

I know what you mean about being able to tell which way to line the quilt up before making the bed. The quilt on our bed now has a directional print in it. That's a big help in getting it on the bed right the first time!