Saturday, January 2, 2016

ScrapHappy Saturday - Fresh Starts

Welcome to the first ScrapHappy Saturday of a brand new year!  New years are all about fresh starts.  Hopefully you have an idea or two that you are hoping to try out.  I started the new year with the first column of the sampler quilt for this year.  It was kind of nice to set up a mini assembly line and make multiple blocks for a change.  Its been all about single blocks for the last couple of years, and this quilt is a nice chance to chain sew a little bit.
January will give you a chance to put some of your blue scraps to good use.  Blue is a HUGE color for most of us.  I find that it is a nice color to start with, while everyone is still feeling fresh and motivated.  Notice that I have added a few hints of purple to the blue twinkler stars.  I'm not sure that purple will fit into all of my blocks this month, but it was kind of fun to mix things up a little bit.
If you haven't entered the drawing for the fabric giveaway yet, be sure to go back to the color reveal post from yesterday and leave a comment.  I'll draw a winner at random from all of the comments.
Until then, be sure to add your link to the list below so that everyone can come and see what Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects are getting started.  Not that you have to start something new.  I am sure there are a few rollovers from next year to enjoy as well.  Please add a link back to this blog in your post if you could, so that people can make their way back to the linky list.

7 comments:

Kate said...

I'm looking forward to another fun year of the RSC.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'm back for another year of scrappy goodness -- game plan post shared today.

Edith said...

Looking forward to RSC 2016 and finishing up a few more projects. So much fun to play with my scraps, sew rainbows and see what everyone else is up to. Thanks Angela!

Mari said...

Your column of stars looks so great!

Ivani said...

Angela Your stars are gorgeous. I am participating for the 1st time and I am so glad. Today I have so much fun making my first blocks. Thanks so much!

Delighted Hands said...

I can't believe you powered through these already!
(I am helping out at my son's since they have a brand new baby and an active 3yo!) My quilting studio is calling me....

Turid said...

So happy to start RSC16 for real. I've chosen my blocks, and have a plan. So fun to see all the posts here. Had some problems with linking, but now I can see my post too.