Sunday, September 28, 2008

Backings

It's 11:40 and I should have been in bed an hour ago. I have a troop meeting tomorrow night and really need to have the formal living and dining room back into some sort of shape by then. Usually I just grab everything and throw it into the guest bedroom, but I always end up forgetting what went where when I do that. So this time I decided to go ahead and get the backings for Hurricane Road and Dad's Plaids pieced so that I could make sure all the pieces were together before key parts got put away and used for something else. If it weren't already so late I'd go ahead and piece the binding strips so that I can be done done. As it is, I'm hot and sweaty from fighting with big pieces of fabric, but I've got two completed tops folded neatly together with their backs, hanging in the closet waiting for a basting party. Now I'd better go and try to get some sleep or I'll be bleary eyed for a whole new week.

3 comments:

Donna said...

wrestling backing should be an olympic sport I swear some days... and tackling it late in the evening, while fitting the day, sounds utterly exhausting! It'll make getting back to the projects easier though I'm sure :-)

Amy said...

Oh my GOODNESS Girl!!! Did you make it through the day?????

But I know what you mean about not wanting to forget where everything goes, or where you've left off in the middle of a project, sooooo..........

You should be up here in Wisconsin---hot-n-sweaty we are NOT! Nice cool 50's all day---over-cast and a bit windy. I thought of you today while running my 3 miles...... I am SO thankful my marathon course is flat and downhill! I would have to rethink my pacing strategy if there were hills---even causeway hills....

Happy Monday! Hope you survived!!!

Lori said...

Backings are fun. Almost finished! Yeah! But, I always roll it all up and think to myself "where can I shove this." (in the dreaded closet it goes) lol
Then, I open the dreaded closet later and it hits me in the head.Yikes!