Friday, March 19, 2021

Spring Break Productivity

Yesterday I painted the stairs!  My back is angry about all the bending, but they look so fresh and clean.  I almost hate to put back the plants that usually live there.   
Out bathroom glass finally got installed.  I'm just two days away from being able to shower in my own bathroom again.   The guys showed up the first time and turned right around and left after looking at the stairs.   They came back on Wednesday with two extra guys to help carry it up to the third story where the main bath is located.  
A fresh lifeguard stand is a sure sign that summer is right around the corner.  The spring break crowds have been impressive.  They aren't up at sunrise though, so no photos of crowded beaches to share.  

I have been savoring our daily  sunrise beach walk during the break.  I am going to miss that when school starts again on Monday.  Just nine more weeks though.  I think I will make it!


 The Tiny Tuesday Sampler is on the frame.  I am doing a tiny wave in the background and then minimal quilting in the colored areas of the blocks to knock down the puffiness.  I think I'm about halfway done.   I used a pieced section in the center of the backing and that has just shown up.   I was just too tired yesterday to stand at the frame and settled for some hand quilting instead.   Just two more days of break though, I am determined to make the most of it.


11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your new bathroom is amazing, as is your sunrise beach view! Looking forward to seeing your Tiny Tuesday quilt!

Susie H said...

I can't wait to see that Tiny Tuesday quilt. I recognize the blocks that are showing! Nine more weeks then you can take those sunrise walks for a couple of months ... until school starts up in the Fall! Until then, enjoy those last couple of walks

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your new bathroom is incredible, Angela! Glad to hear that you are having a productive Spring Break. Just 9 more weeks til summer vacation? You CAN make it!!!

MaureenHP said...

Oh please tell that's a mural and not a beach view window. I'm turning green with envy! It's really beautiful--enjoy!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that bath! - lots of stairs for climbing - no stair stepper machine needed :)

Deb A said...

Oh wow - that bathroom is amazing! You have had a very productive spring break. We have 10 weeks to go in our county.... kids are counting down the days.... they seem to love sleeping in now that they are older!

Cathy said...

Beautiful tub and bathroom! One way or the other, I’d be waterlogged and wrinkly either from soaking in the tub looking out or soaking in the sun while in the ocean. You are so blessed! (And deservedly so, I might add, especially after the last year!) xo

Michele McLaughlin said...

Gorgous bathroom! I love your sampler quilt! Wow! It's gorgeous!

Kathy S. said...

The quilting on your Tiny Tuesday quilt is gorgeous. I LOVE your bathroom. What a great place to relax! Great job on painting the steps.

Carol Andrews said...

Beautiful bathroom, stunning quilting and sunrise beach walks.......what a fun post! Thanks for sharing.

Marcus Steve said...

I'm super excited to tell the public that I have been permanently cured from herpes by Dr Agbomina . I had herpes for years but everyone told me that there was no cure to it and every doctor I contacted failed to cure me until I contacted Dr Agbomina , he placed me on diet and also sent his medicine to me and today I'm free and my lab test confirmed it. You can contact Dr Agbomina via his WhatsApp +234(805)049-5479 or email: dragbonherbalmedicine@gmail.com You can visit his Website at https://dragbonherbalmedic.wixsite.com/welcometodoctoragbon