Saturday, August 3, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - Orange you Glad?

 

I am so sorry for saying last week that August was going to be dark. Dark is next month! I completely zoomed past orange. August is all about the orange. I worked ahead on the Hen & Chick blocks, so in my mind, I am already thinking ahead. I have scraps of ALL colors strewn around my sewing studio and it is delicious and chaotic.  Honestly though, I have just been hand sewing hexies and soaking in the Olympics. 

My weekend promises to be frantic as well. We have a couple of weeks ahead of children in transition. Sydney has a 3 week gap between her old college apartment and new, so we will head to Gainesville to bring her home for a few days and then she has to couch surf during her sorority recruitment event which happens before the move in day of her new apartment. Ryan is able to move in and out on the same day, so we just have to go up in a couple of weeks and schlep all of this things 3 blocks from one apartment to the next. Anna isn't moving, but she had to join into our happy confusion and is flying back from her nanny gig in Boston tonight. Because Kurt took her to the airport in DC, he now has to pick her up and take her back to her car before hopping on a plane to come home so we can drive over to start with the Sydney migration.  I love having kids, I just wish they would take turns.  After August I think they will be self sufficient again for a while. 

We are officially back in school again, so sewing time is going to be harder to come by and so much more appreciated as a result. I hope that you can find some orange scrap with which to play. Orange used to be a rare shade in my stash, but I have made some deliberate efforts to bulk up this happy color. If you want to sew dark instead, please feel free to save your oranges for one more month, It's all about doing what works for you. Orange and dark go great together, it would also be fun to mix and match!


5 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Orange is one of my favourite colours! Sounds like a very busy time for your family. Enjoy every moment! They grow up way too fast! Gail at the cozy quilter.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I don't have a ton of orange scraps, but I sure love getting them out to play with! Yours look like they will be a lot of fun. Have a great weekend, and fingers crossed that all the comings and goings go smmothly!

Sara said...

You are definitely in a busy, busy, busy phase. School starting time was always so busy, no matter what age. I still feel that urge to buy school supplies this time of year even though I'm now just a retired teacher. LOL Our grandkids will go back in about 2 weeks.

Kate said...

I can't imagine having three in college! it's hard enough with just one. Thankfully she's in the same apartment for this year, so no move in July in Texas! Hope all the moves go smoothly and no one gets hurt!

Allison said...

I've been away for a month and happy to get back to scrap challenge.