Saturday, August 10, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday

And not an orange scrap was sewn... 
 I've been busy working to finish up my hexie diamond quilt and am so excited to be starting the borders. Top and bottom are all clear in my mind, but the sides are going to take some decision making. Because the diamonds are staggered, the edges are even. Should I fill in with partial diamonds, try to complete the pattern or just use background fabrics to straighten it all up? So many decisions! Fortunately, with anything hand stitched, there is plenty of time to ponder choices. Kids will be back in school on Monday! It was fun to be back with teachers again and catch up after the summer, but school is always so much more fun with students.

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's exciting to be getting to the point that you are with your hexie quilt top! I remember that feeling at the beginning of the school year, too - enough meetings, bring on the kids. Have a great start to the year!

Sara said...

Hope you have a wonderful school year!! Can't wait to see how all those beautiful hexies come together.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wishing you the best possible school year, Angela! It sounds like you will have plenty of "therapy stitching" for any challenging days that come your way.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

So many decisions to make! I appliquéd the edge of my EPP project so I didn't lose any points or cut off any of the blocks. Whatever you choose, it will be awesome!

Sharon said...

Decisions, decisions, decisions! I'm sure that whatever you decide to do with the side edges, it will be gorgeous. Have a great week!