Saturday, August 22, 2026

ScrapHappy Saturday - Progress

 


I finally made progress on my yellow blocks for August!

I had plenty of leader and ender space while finishing up the baby quilt for the new grandbaby who should be here soon. It is amazing how having two extra days off each week allows me to actually do things other than work and graduate school. What a great change!

Kurt was in Virginia for a big work thing this week, but had enough time to finish the siding under the bay window that we replaced together this summer. Slowly, all of the aluminum siding is getting replaced with cedar which is much more cabin-core. He got an estimate for new gutters, as well, there has been so much rain and the old gutters just aren't working well enough to keep the water flowing away from the house. 

Here is my favorite sunrise from this week. I am working on establishing a habit of walking every morning. Sometime a long walk and sometimes a small one. The habit is the thing. Its going well so far and I love the sunrises. 

What are your plans for this lovely Saturday? I hope it includes scrappiness and happiness, that is a great part of any day. 

6 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What delightful baby quilt. So many fun things to look at. The high contrast colors are perfect for a baby to see.

Kate said...

Very fun baby quilt! It is nice to have a bit more room in one's week for things other than work and school.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad you're enjoying the extra time this school year! That baby quilt is so cute with its nautical theme, and love your beautiful sunrise photo, too. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice progress on all fronts! I loved working part time, too. It was the best of both worlds.

Nancy in Indiana said...

I'm SO happy to hear that you are enjoying your reduced teaching hours this year! I loved teaching half time - it really felt like it gave me a healthy work-family-life balance. Sadly, a combination of budget cuts, administrative issues at my school, and my own health issues made that no longer possible, but I'm glad I had the experience. I often wonder if we made this financially viable for more teachers, if fewer teachers would burn out and leave the profession. Of course, that would require a financial commitment we seem unwilling to make. Sigh. Best wishes for a great school year!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I too enjoy the sunrises. There is something magical about being outside watching the new day take shape. It's good to read you are adapting well to your new schedule. I loved seeing all that yellow!