Saturday, November 26, 2011

ScrapHappy Saturday -- Wrapping up in Brown

We've just gotten back from vacation and after unloading the car and settling in the kids it suddenly occurred to me that it is Saturday!  Days of the week are something it shouldn't be so hard to figure out.  It is the last Saturday in November, and your last chance to post your brown projects for the month.

I pulled out some "brownish" fabric to border the alternate blocks for my latest "Four Square" quilt. I've made this pattern at least twice in the past and I just never get tired of it for leaders and enders. This is a blue one that I made for a friend who was sick. Then there is this one that was one of the first quilts I finished when I got my new HQ16.  I have plenty of 16 patches in my 2.5 inch LnE tub, but I think I'll dig through to find the ones that are more autumn hued to go with the darker alternate squares. 

8 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Glad you all made it back safe and sound, now it is back to normal for a few more weeks before everything gets really crazy again.

Judee said...

When I saw your previous post I thought you were taking today off. Glad you made it back. I am ready for the next color.

Deb A said...

Glad you had a good trip. Love that little quilt. So simple but so pretty!

Barb in Mi said...

Just read about your scrap happy Saturday - will you be doing a scrap challenge in 2012 as well?

Ellen said...

I just posted my progress for the month.

Angela, that looks like such a great go-to pattern. Each quilt looks wonderful and unique even though you are using the same block pattern.

Judy D in WA said...

I am using this as my next leader/ender. My 2 1/2" drawer won't go shut and this is the perfect project for fixing that. It looks wonderful!

Cathy Tomm said...

I just have to make the rainbow scrap quilt. Or at least something that is a lot like it. I got my Brown block done. Thanks Hope you plan to work on this again in the new year.

Candace said...

I love that pattern too, I've probably made 3 but I didn't know it was called "Four Square" good name for it. I love brown in quilts, it'll be fun to see the results this month throughout blogland.