Saturday, May 10, 2014

ScrapHappy Saturday - Going Green

I have a giant basket of green to dig into today.  What fun!  Green is such a nice nature oriented color.  We are having wonderful spring weather around here which is rare for Florida.  I am going to enjoy this short period before the brutal heat of summer truly sets in.
With things finally starting to wind down for the end of year, there is finally time to enjoy a true sewing day.  Having finished up the t-shirt quilt last weekend I am free and clear of obligations and ready to enjoy a day playing with green scraps.  Postage stamps?  Nine patches?  So many possibilities await.
First though the drawing for a rainbow sampler of hand dyed fabric from Vicki Welsh.  Drumroll please..........The lucky winner is Kathy Wagner from Kathy Quilts.  Kathy is a familiar face around blogland with her weekly Slow Stitch Sunday Linky Party.  I know she will do something lovely with her new fabric.
For everyone else, there is another week of enjoying scraps!  Use misterlinky below to share your greens.


11 comments:

Deb A said...

I'll be sewing with you today - as soon as I drop the kids off and get some groceries in the house =) Quilting a quilt and working on some green.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love working with the green...my favorite color! Have a fun sewing day!

Katie Z. said...

Woohoo! I'm not sure 'll have much time today, but I am hoping for a little stitching tomorrow.

Quilter Kathy said...

OH my goodness I am so excited! Can't wait to start cutting and sewing my prize! Thank you Angela and Vicki!

Sheila said...

Congratulations, Quilter Kathy!
I'm glad you finally have some time to breath and sew a bit, Angela.
Hope everyone has a nice Mother's Day : )

Cindy Nielsen said...

I am having so much fun playing with my green scraps. Thanks for letting us link up.

Marly said...

Looking forward to making some green blocks.

Angie said...

Can't wait to go dig into my green scraps - they have missed me!

Teresa in Music City said...

Congratulations to Kathy!!! I'm working on getting my greens washed so I can play with them this month :)

KatieQ said...

I didn't get many blocks made this week, but compared to last month, when I didn't get to post, I am definitely making progress.

Kate said...

Congratulations to Kathy. She has such cool scrappy things going on in her sewing room. I'm not quite ready to start with green. I'll be there by next weekend.